A colleague has alerted me to this resource, which could be valuable to you, or your colleagues, if they are involved in either IT teaching or research. The MSR Assessment Toolkit includes resources to assess and evaluate instructional programs that involve current and emerging technologies. Resources focus primarily on computational sciences and engineering, but also covers other disciplines and interdisciplinary research and teaching projects.
The Microsoft Research Assessment Toolkit was conceived to provide higher education faculty members with user-friendly, focused resources to assist in developing and conducting rigorous educational assessment. The Toolkit includes a variety of items to facilitate the planning and implementation process, including:
- An overview of assessment and assessment planning guide.
- User self-assessment tool to help faculty determine their level of assessment experience. The components of the kit are coded to allow users to find tools and strategies appropriate for their needs.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) that explain assessment issues with minimal use of jargon.
- Case studies of effective assessment that provide a snapshot of faculty in various computational science or STEM disciplines.
- A guide to selecting assessment tools.
- Annotated resources primarily focused on computational science and STEM disciplines and organized by topical categories.
- Web links to various assessment-related sites or organizations.
Development of the Toolkit will be an ongoing effort; Toolkit materials are available online at http://research.microsoft.com/erp/AssessmentToolkit.