I was on Twitter the other day and saw this slide from a Public Sector ICT conference outlining what one presenter said were the 10 steps to successful ICT deployment. It’s an important concept, as there’s real value in having a checklist to work from when deploying new technology. My list would look a little different, however, focusing on outcomes, infrastructure, and people, rather than abstract IT goals.
Take a look and let me know what you think in the comments:
- Link business outcomes to information strategy.
- Establish a portfolio of apps that are device agnostic.
- Ensure you have a modern integrated identity and security platform.
- Commission compute based on value for money.
- Develop a roadmap to hybrid cloud computing.
- Retrain key staff to be able to link business outcomes to ICT strategy.
- Retrain the Procurement function to exploit IP from various sources.
- Leverage you existing infrastructure and execute a roadmap to the future.
- Establish an infrastructure that leverages APIs.
- Create a single ICT strategy for government and leverage the economies of scale that come from that.