Ahead of the 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games, the London Borough of Newham Council needed to accomplish two seemingly opposing goals. It needed to improve staff productivity by giving them remote access to data – but it also needed to find a way to reduce IT costs. By moving to a private cloud solution the council managed to do both. The move to the cloud lowered costs by allowing the council to share IT infrastructure with the nearby Borough of Havering. At the same time, the shift made it easier for employees to work remotely, as they could now access essential information via the cloud.
Best of all, this first step into the cloud will make it easier for the council to adopt a more modern IT configuration in years to come.
Newham’s story is just one of the ways Microsoft’s Cloud OS vision and solutions can help you reduce operational costs and provide your organisation with the greater flexibility. Windows Server 2012 R2, System Center 2012 R2 and Windows Azure are key solutions to help you provide and manage hybrid cloud services with greater agility and cost-efficiency to address you top IT challenges. They’re also a much-needed replacement for Windows Server 2003, which will reach end-of-support in July 2015.
Now is a great time to learn about Microsoft’s Cloud OS Vision and Solutions and how your organisation can benefit from the power of the private, public and hybrid cloud on your terms. But how should you get started?
Our free, half-day Transform the Datacentre workshops are an easy way to learn about Microsoft’s Cloud OS vision. You’ll learn about solutions that take advantage of the economics, scale and agility of the private, public and hybrid cloud. These workshops will provide you with the opportunity to:
- Investigate how the Microsoft Cloud OS vision can positively benefit the way your entire organisation functions.
- Understand the key tenants of the “transform the datacentre” initiative and identify opportunities for your datacentre to evolve.
- Find out what’s new in Windows Server 2012 R2, System Center 2012 R2 and Windows Azure Infrastructure Services.
- Interact with experts from Microsoft and our partners.
- Learn out about our licensing options and early adopter customers.
The agenda will include the following sessions:
- 09:30-09:45 - What’s The Microsoft Cloud OS Story?
- 09:45-10:30 - What’s New in Windows Server 2012 R2?
- 10:30-10:45 - BREAK
- 10:45-11:30 - What’s New in System Center 2012 R2?
- 11:30-12:15 - What’s New in Windows Azure Infrastructure Services?
- 12:15-12:45 - LUNCH
- 12:45-13:00 - Licensing Overview, Customer References and Next Steps
Our Transform the Datacentre events are free, face-paced and coming to city near you! Find the most convenient session and sign up today.