Public sector organisations are increasingly looking to the lessons of ICT consumerisation to help deliver new services with fewer resources. And you know that mobile working is essential to achieving that goal. But which device to use?
Whenever a new tablet launches, there’s a blizzard of media coverage – but most of those articles boil down to a long list of technical specifications. All those numbers don’t really tell you what the device can actually do, do they?
Here’s what you really need to know about the Surface Pro 2 – with all the fluff and techie bits stripped out.
- Super secure: A Surface Pro 2 runs the full version of Windows 8 – the most secure Windows operating system ever. And for government, Windows is the most secure “out of the box” tablet operating system – if you don’t believe us, take a look.
- A battery that lasts as long as you do: By adopting the new Haswell chipset from Intel and continuing to innovate the design, we’ve increased battery life substantially. And if you need more, you’ll be able to get the new power keyboard for extra power when you need it most.
- All the software and devices you’re used to: As well as great touch-first modern apps, the classic desktop is there for when you need access to existing software. And you can be confident that all of your peripherals – from printers and cameras, to secure USB sticks and accessible devices – are just going work.
- Work anywhere without sacrificing functionality: It’s a tablet when you need a tablet and a laptop when you need a laptop. Wherever you are and whatever you’re doing, it’s the only device that’s always fit for purpose. And it always has a USB port at the ready, no adapter needed.
- Modernise and replace: Because of all of these things, Surface is NOT just a tablet. If you need it to be, it’s a full replacement for your existing PC estate. So you can be more mobile, more productive, and work from anywhere, without incurring the additional cost of buying everybody even more devices than they already have to contend with.
Curious? Learn more about the Surface Pro 2 and see how you could working smarter today.