Microsoft Office 365 brings together cloud versions of our most trusted communications and collaboration products with the latest version of our desktop software and companion Web Apps. Office 365 is designed to meet the needs of organisations of all sizes — from independent professionals to small, midsize and large businesses and from government agencies to educational institutions — helping save time, money and free up valuable ICT resources.
Office 365 Key Benefits
- Access to e-mail, documents, contacts and calendars on nearly any device
- Simple and highly secure collaboration with colleagues and others within and outside of your organisation
- Works seamlessly with Microsoft Office, Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft Lync
- Business-class features, such as IT-level phone support, financially backed 99.9% uptime, geo-redundancy, disaster recovery, and robust security and privacy controls and standards
- Comprehensive solutions, such as desktop productivity applications, portals, extranets, external websites, instant messaging (IM), voiceconferencing and videoconferencing, webconferencing, e-mail, voice mail and unified messaging
What’s in Office 365
- Microsoft Office
The world’s leading productivity tool on the desktop (Office Professional Plus) and on the Web (Office Web Apps) now seamlessly connected and delivered with cloud services — for a comprehensive productivity experience across the PC, phone and browser.
- Exchange Online
Cloud-based e-mail, calendar and contacts with the most current anti-virus and anti-spam solutions. Includes the ability to get e-mail on virtually any mobile phone and options for voice mail, unified messaging and archiving.
- Office SharePoint Online
Cloud-based service for creating sites to connect colleagues, partners and customers. Includes enterprise social networking and customization options.
- Lync Online
Cloud-based IM, presence, and online meeting experiences with screen sharing, and voiceconferencing and videoconferencing
As with most of our announcements, the product release is scheduled for next year although we haven’t announced dates, but we did announce a public beta programme that you can sign up to and start using.
Posted by Ian