We have some updates to the 2016 schedule for events being hosted by our Showcase Schools, including the Redefining Learning Tour:
- March 23rd-24th 2016 - Shireland Collegiate Academy, West Midlands (two-day event, in partnership with FlipCon) COMPLETED
April 15th 2016 - Broadclyst Community Primary School, DevonCOMPLETED April 20th 2016 - Fosse Way School, BathCOMPLETED April 28th 2016 – Sunderland Redefining Learning EventCOMPLETED
- May 18th – Bolsover Church of England School
- June 8th – Darran Park Primary School
- June 13th 2016 - Sandymoor School, Runcorn
- June 14th 2016 – Whitehaven School, Cumbria
- June 22nd 2016 - Sydenham School, London
- June 22nd 2016 - Simon de Senlis Primary School, Northampton
- June 23rd-24th 2016 - Wellington College, Berkshire (two-day event, in partnership with The Telegraph Festival of Education)
What is #RedefineLearn?
In October 2015 we hosted the first UK Redefining Learning Conference at our Microsoft London offices, welcoming over a hundred teachers and IT professionals working within education for a day of interactive sessions packed full of content created and delivered by and for educators and school leaders, showing others how they can take their next steps towards a digital strategy.
Since then, we have passed the baton on to our UK Showcase Schools who are now running their own Redefining Learning events, which include the following within the day:
Key Note Speakers
The head teacher will share the school’s vision and journey so far around the use of technology. A Microsoft Education UK Guest Speaker will also be present.
Hands on with Sway
An introduction to the online learning tool Sway with demonstrations from teachers and children.
OneNote in the Classroom Workshop
Work alongside children and their teacher in a classroom experience using Class OneNote and Surface devices.
Guided tour of the school
A walk around the school with senior staff to see learning and technology in action.
All of the events above form part of the Redefining Learning Tour, with the exception of FlipCon at Shireland and the Telegraph Festival of Education at Wellington College, however these events will contain many of the #RedefineLearn elements will also be present within the agenda and activities at these two events.