The first 60 years of business software has been focused on making operations more effective and efficient. However, outside work we now possess beautifully designed devices, which are easy to use and run a new generation of user centred software built on internet technologies. These devices and services are permeating every aspect of our lives and as a result our expectations of technology in the workplace have been changed forever. More and more, government organisations are becoming 'digital by default' and making their services and information easier to access digitally. Many in local and central government are creating more and more great new apps for citizens to use - whether it be to find out about council services or simply local bus times. If you work in public sector and would like to find out more about creating apps with citizens/consumers in mind, then this is a great event to attend.
We will be bringing together great minds from enterprise software, consumer technology and design agencies to help you find paths to building the next generation of applications by sharing ideas and learning from one other.
- 10:00 Arrival
- 10.30 Welcome
- 10.40 Looking to the future: emerging trends
- 11.00 Everything is connected: devices, innovation and exploration
- 11.20 Breakout discussion: trends, threats and opportunities
- 12.15 Lunch
- 13.15 Crossing domains: The consumer in the enterprise
- 13.30 Design: what makes good design
- 14:00 Breakout discussion: favourite apps and inspirational design
- 14:45 Discovering app ideas
- 14:55 Realising app ideas
- 15:10 Interview with an app builder
- 15:30 Breakout discussion: what if?
- 16:30 Closing Remarks
- 17:00 Depart
Wednesday, May 8, 2013 from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM (BST)
Registration for the free event is here: