Last week we hosted several colleges from around the UK here at the Microsoft offices in Thames Valley Park where we talked about Live@edu and the various technical options and considerations there are when deploying.
- An overview of the ‘cloud’ – a look into the history of Microsoft’s cloud computing offerings and how it is a growing part of the industry with increasing relevance to education, particularly from an efficiency and cost-saving point of view.
- What is Live@edu – an insight into the overall service, what software is on offer and the benefits of using it over an on-premise solution. (view slides)
- A deeper dive into Live@edu – a more technical session talking about the possible integration options, and how to being your identity management journey. (view slides)
- Salford Software – a presentation from one of our partner companies, Salford Software. Max Holden talked about Salford’s offerings and how they can help education customers get the best from their investment. (view slides)
- The future – a look forward to Office 365 for education, and the enhancements it will bring to education customers through the addition of SharePoint Online and Lync Online. (view slides)
The event was well attended, and we hope to run events similar to this in the future.
For more information on Microsoft Live@edu and Office 365 for education, why not visit the product website?
For more information on Salford Software, why not visit their website?