The event starts at 12:00, and the agenda covers:
- Dominic Watts from Microsoft opens the afternoon’s events
- IT Strategy: Durham Business School
- Colin Ashurst , Senior Teaching Fellow in MIS at Durham Business School talks about the institute’s strategy for using technology to improve the student experience.
- Virtual Learning Environment
- Waterstons’ Chris Fenly and Daniel Halliday discuss the benefi ts of using SharePoint 2007 as the platform for a comprehensive Virtual Learning Environment for full time, part time & distance learning students.
- Efficient Administration
- Lesley Renteurs and David Challenor from Waterstons discuss the use of Microsoft Dynamics CRM for admissions and programme management and the use of business intelligence tools in education.
- Effective Marketing
- Advice on how to use Microsoft Dynamics CRM to provide high quality service for prospective students and SharePoint as a web authoring tool.
- Virtualisation in Education
- Simon Birbeck from Waterstons will discuss the use of the latest technologies for creating a secure and resilient IT infrastructure
You can get a brief insight into Durham’s use of IT to connect with their students and distance learners in the video which they filmed with us for the launch of Office 2007