Wouldn’t it be cool if you could sign into your Windows Phone using your Live@edu Windows Live ID? If you've already got a phone, or you’re lucky enough to be getting one over the Christmas period, there are some simple steps you need to take to make sure you get the best experience.
Because Live@edu is supercharged with the power of Outlook Live, which is different to Hotmail, it means that we need to make a minor change in the server name in order to be able to connect successfully:
- On your phone, go to Start, flick left to the App list, and then tap Settings .
- Tap Airplane mode, and tap to turn the status to On. Press Back to go to Settings.
- Tap Email+accounts and then tap Windows Live.
Note If you receive an error on this step, tap Close to dismiss the error and then tap Windows Live again.
- On the Windows Live Settings screen, tap Server, and use the keyboard to change m.hotmail.com to read m.outlook.com.
- Tap Done . The phone will sync and the server should get changed to pod*****.outlook.com. Press Back to go to Settings.
- Tap Airplane mode, and tap to turn the status to Off.
- Visit http://help.outlook.com for additional guidance and support.
That’s it – you’re done! You can read more about this on the Microsoft Support site.