It is now possible to manage your Dynamics CRM 4.0 environment from within Microsoft Operations Manager 2005, using the download available here
The following overview is taken from the same article :-
The views, tasks, rules, and knowledge specific to Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 that comprise this Management Pack provide the means for MOM users to centrally manage the server application, its component services, and the computers on which they run. The Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Management Pack also collects performance analysis and capacity planning data by tracking application performance and user load.
By managing these Microsoft Dynamics CRM components in MOM, the administrator can respond quickly to critical events and key performance indicators, and take action to prevent service outages, reduce the resolution time for alert conditions, and increase the overall availability and performance of the Microsoft Dynamics CRM system.
Feature Bullet Summary:
- Monitors the availability and health of the following component services:
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM Asynchronous Processing service
- World Wide Web Publishing
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM Deletion service
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM databases
- Monitors the availability and health of the following application components and functionality:
- Deletion of deleted records
- Operability of ISV plug-ins
- Web application requests processing, SOAP exceptions, and unexpected failures
- Detects brute-force attacks and denial of service attacks.
- Monitors the performance metrics of the following components:.
- Web application requests processing
- Database query processing
- Monitors the system for configuration-related failures.
Microsoft Dynamics CRM Technical Lead.
EMEA Customer Support & Services - SMS&P