Visual Studio Team System (VSTS) provides a platform upon which you can build a professional software development process. Many development teams find the adoption of a product with so much to offer to be somewhat daunting and are looking for advice and guidance about the best approach to get started.
The VSTS Adoption Workshop is delivered by the ‘Application Development Consulting’ team over 5 days in our lab facility at the Microsoft Campus in Thames Valley Park, Reading. At the end of the week, you will be ready to begin implementing Team Foundation Server (TFS) within your development team. The agenda for the week includes:
- Methodologies and reporting
- Source control
- Build process
- Reporting and administration
No two workshops are ever the same and the topics covered will be tailored to meet your needs during the week. At relevant points throughout the workshop we’ll give you time to get hands-on experience with the relevant tools and ask any questions to reinforce the covered concepts.
Should you wish to do so, this workshop also allows you to bring in a sample of your exisitng code base in order to work with your own real world application.
>> TARGET AUDIENCE:
Developers, Testers, Architects, Database Administrators. Anyone within your organization who would participate in the application lifecycle.
>> BUSINESS NEEDS:
Microsoft Visual Studio Team System 2008 is an integrated Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) solution comprising tools, processes, and guidance to help everyone on the team improve their skills and work more effectively together.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Collaborate and communicate more effectively with other team members and business stakeholders.
- Ensure software quality using advanced quality tools at every step of the application life cycle.
- Gain visibility into project activity and priorities to make informed decisions based on real-time data.
- Provide better predictability and planning through integrated process and methodology support.
- Increase productivity and quality through integrated and familiar tools.
- Deploy, secure, and support your critical Web applications and infrastructure.
- Reduce costs through better visibility of your development process.