Windows 10 Hands On Developer Camp – London
10 South Place
Get hands on with Windows 10 Development!
You are invited to join us for a day of guided hands on development of Universal Windows Platform apps that can run across all Windows 10 devices. Whether you haven’t looked at your most recent project in 1 month or 1 year, there is plenty to learn about what’s new in developing for Windows 10 devices — not just for a PC or a phone, but for all Windows 10 devices.
9:00 – 9:30 Registration and welcome
9:30 – 10:30 Introduction to Windows 10 UWP
10:30 – 11:30 Adaptive UI + Hands on Lab
11:30 – 12:00 Live tiles & notifications
12:00 – 13:00 Lunch
13:00 – 14:00 Edge and hosted web apps + Hands on Lab
14:00 – 15:00 Cloud Services & connected experiences + Hands on Lab
15:00 – 15:30 Break
15:30 – 16:30 More personal computing + Hands on Lab
16:30 – 17:00 Store and monetization
What to bring
This event is HANDS ON! You must bring your own laptop and be prepared to roll up your sleeves and dive directly into code with the following tools:
* A PC with minimum 4gb RAM, 1GB free disk space or an Apple Mac configured with Boot Camp with Windows 10 installed on its own partition.
* Windows 10 must be installed before the event – we will not be able to assist in the installation of Windows 10 at the event.
* Visual Studio 2015 Community installed (download) or Visual Studio 2015 Professional or Visual Studio 2015 Enterprise installed.
IMPORTANT: When installing Visual Studio, be sure to perform a custom install and enable the “Universal Windows App Development Tools” feature. If you already have Visual Studio installed, you will want to confirm this is enabled through “Change or remove a program” in Windows Control Panel.
During this event, you will:
· Get hands-on experience building apps using the Universal Windows Platform
· Learn how to build an adaptive UI that changes layout when running on different screen sizes and orientations
· Learn how to light up your app with new Windows 10 features such as Live Tile adaptive templates, interactive notifications, ink input and more…
· Connect a mobile app to the cloud to create connected mobile experiences that work across all the users’ devices
After the event:
· Continue your training by working through all the hands on labs that are available or watching the Building UWP apps for Complete Beginners, or Developer’s Guide to Windows 10 course on Microsoft Virtual Academy.
· Update your existing Windows 8.1 or Windows Phone 8.1 apps to Windows 10 and reach more devices and more form factors
· Build awesome UWP apps!