The Microsoft Data Culture series of events are delivered in partnership with Hortonworks and KPMG UK to provide a full day, end to end immersion experience to showcase the Microsoft Data Platform, Business Intelligence and Analytics capabilities.
It focuses on giving you the insight to drive a Data Culture within your organisation which has been proved to deliver significant competitive advantage.
This exclusive event will give you an opportunity to:
- Learn about the benefits of driving a Data Culture within your organisation
- Learn about the data dividend and how to get access to the £58Bn available over the next 4 years
- Understand the latest innovations across the Microsoft Data Platform, Business Intelligence and Analytics capabilities
- Immerse yourself in one of 7 tracks with hands-on instructor led session
- Interact with experts from Microsoft and our partners
- Discover innovations in our Solution Showcase
- Network with your peers
Big data. Small data. All data. You have access to an ever-expanding volume of data inside the walls of your business and out across the web. The potential in data is endless – from predicting election results to preventing the spread of epidemics. But how can you use it to your advantage to help move your business forward?
Data is growing exponentially and it’s now possible to mine and unlock insights from data in new and unexpected ways. Empower your business to take advantage of this data by harnessing the rich capabilities of Microsoft SQL Server and the familiarity of Microsoft Office to help organize, analyze, and make sense of your data—no matter the size.
The Microsoft Data Culture series of events shows you how to drive real-time business, from apps to insights, through a deeper look into the comprehensive Data Platform, Business Intelligence and Analytics capabilities from Microsoft, Hortonworks and KPMG.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014
- BI for Office 365
- Analytics Platform System
- Windows Azure HDInsight (Cloud Hadoop)
- Hortonworks Data Platform for Windows
- AzureML (Machine Learning)
- Intelligence System Service (IoT)
For Data Specialists (Big Data Architects, Analysts, Developers, Data Scientists, Database Administrators)
Attending this one-day event will allow you to get a running start on understanding the extensive innovations we’re delivering around data that will empower your business with the tools you need to quickly uncover business insights and make smarter business decisions. Make the most of the day and attend a track tailored to your role;
- Join the Data Insight Immersion and experience BI capabilities from a development perspective (or)
- Join the IoT track to understand how to leverage sensor based data and gain insight (or)
- Join the Azure Data Services track to learn about the latest data services in the cloud.
For Data Analysts and Power Users
- Join the Business Intelligence Immersion and experience BI capabilities from an end-user perspective.
For Data Scientists
- Join the Data Science Immersion and experience predictive and machine learning capabilities.
For Big Data Architects
- Join the Big Data Bootcamp and experience in-depth Big Data capabilities.
For Data Platform Architects
- Join the Data Platform Modernisation Immersion to learn how to combine in-memory, cloud, and storage advances to lower your Data platform TCO and dramatically increase performance.
Agenda for the day
- 9:15 – 10:00 – Registration
- 10:00-10:30 – Welcome, Partner Solution Expo
- 10:30-11:30 – Keynote – Data Platform, Business intelligence and Analytics Overview
- 11:30-12:30 – Introduction to Breakout Tracks
- Data Insights Immersion Track – Developers ( PowerBI, HDInsights)
- IoT Track – Developers (ISS, EventHub, ServiceBus, PowerBI ) – Coming December
- Azure Data Services Track (DocumentDB, AzureSearch, PowerBI) – Coming December
- Business Intelligence Immersion Track– Data Analysts and Power Users (Excel, PowerBI)
- Data Science Immersion Track- Data Scientists (AzureML,Power BI)
- Big Data Bootcamp Track – Data Architects (Hadoop, APS, HDInsight, PowerBI)
- Data Platform Modernisation Track – Data Platform Architects (SQL 2014, in-memory, Database-as-a-service)
- 12.30 – 13.15 – Lunch and Partner Solutions Expo
- 13:15 – 15:00 – Breakout Tracks – Hands-on instructor led Immersion Experiences
- 15:00 – 15:15 – Break
- 15:15 – 16:30 – Breakout Tracks – Hands-on instructor led Immersion Experiences
- 16:30 – 17:00 – Panel, next actions & Close