Just Apply, Port & Publish! Spreading your game to the Windows Store and Windows Phone Store is super-easy with Marmalade and you could bag up to $1000 of incentives.
To qualify, your game will need to:
- Have received a 3 star rating or above and/ or your game has at least 5,000 installs (if premium/paid) or 50,000 installs (if free-to-play)
If your game does not meet the above criteria, it can still qualify. Submit it for evaluation and your entry will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Whether your game has innovative content and is clearly differentiated from other games in the same genre
- Developer track record in shipping quality games on mobile or other platforms
- Overall quality of the user experience and presentation
What’s in it for you?
- $100 PayPal gift voucher
- A priority review for Windows Phone Store promotion
- A developer account token for the Windows Phone Store
- A license to Windows 8.1 Pro (worth up to $200)
- A Windows Phone device (at Microsoft’s discretion and subject to availability)
- A Marmalade Indie license (worth $500)
How to participate
1 Register or login
You need to be logged in to sign up for the offer
Once you have signed up, someone from Marmalade will be in touch to let you know if you have been accepted onto the program.
3 Get tooled up
Once accepted you’ll receive:
- a Windows Dev Centre token to set up a dev account
- a license to Windows 8.1 Pro (worth up to $200)
- a Windows Phone device (at Microsoft’s discretion and subject to availability)
- a Marmalade Indie license (worth $500)
4 Develop or Port
Develop or port an innovative, functional app using Marmalade.
- read the porting guides, which cover everything you need to know about configurations, SDKs, general considerations, and first steps
- complete your Windows Phone app
5 Publish your app to the Windows Phone Store and Windows Store *
To publish to the Windows Store or Windows Phone Store you will need a developer account. Email us at email@example.com for a developer token code that you can use to create an account free of charge, if you have not already received one.
- read about how to Publish to Windows Phone Store and how to Publish to Windows Store
- read requirements for Windows Phone Store App certification and Windows Store certification
*Game must be published between 1st Nov 2014 and 31st March 2015 to qualify.
6 Reap your reward
Once you have published your app to Windows Phone Store and Windows Store don’t forget to let us know to receive extra rewards.
- $100 Paypal gift voucher
- priority review for Windows Phone Store promotion