Beta3 release of Project Siena. This new release makes it even easier for business experts, business analysts and other app imagineers to create powerful custom mobile apps that are connected to enterprise services, major SaaS, and popular web and social services.
Siena Beta 3
The Beta3 release is a major addition to Project Siena’s empowerment of business experts and analysts. Key new functionality includes:
- One-click read/write connection to Yammer, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Coursera, Bing Search, and Bing Translate.
- Connections to more types of RESTful services with OAuth 1 and OAuth 2 support.
- A WADL accelerator for the ecosystem to rapidly create connections to RESTful services – this will be released over the next four weeks.
- Write back to SharePoint lists.
- Data visualization through interactive charts.
- International languages support throughout the UI and in formulas and functions – this will be released over the next four weeks.
- Across the board improvements, including more control over interactivity and design.
In Beta2, we introduced the concept, illustrated below, that non-programmers could consume services as easily as using an Excel function. And composing multiple services was just like linking two Excel functions.
Beta3 takes the ability to work with services to another level, where getting started with key services is now as easy as adding a PowerPoint slide layout to a deck.
Please install the latest release of Project Siena from the Windows Store, check out http://microsoft.com/ProjectSiena , watch a tutorial video, download a sample app for inspiration, and then bring your own ideas to life in a Siena