Secure Download Manager
When you download software with the new SDM for the first time, you will be prompted to download and install the SDM on to your computer.
You will need to install the SDM on your computer only once; all subsequent downloads will automatically launch the SDM. The SDM provides for secure, effective and efficient file downloads, especially for files that are too large for some browsers to download.
Note: The DreamSpark SDM is only available for Windows.
OPERATING SYSTEMS SUPPORTED BY KIVUTO SDM
Mac OSX running Windows via VM Image or BootCamp
WEB BROWSERS SUPPORTED BY KIVUTO SDM
IE 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
How do I download and install the SDM?
- To download and install the SDM, sign in to DreamSpark or DreamSpark premium Institution WebStore using your Username and Password.
- Place the order for your software. When the order is completed, the Receipt page is displayed.
- On the Receipt page, click the Start Download button. The Secure Download Manager Installation window is displayed.
- Click the Download SDM button. The SDM starts downloading.
Where can I find the SDM on my computer?
- Once the SDM is successfully downloaded to and installed on your computer, in Windows, the Shortcut to Secure Download Manager.exe icon is displayed on your desktop.
- For the Mac, the SDM is found in the Application Folder. If you choose to download additional software from the WebStore, you do not need to re-download or re-install the Secure Download Manager unless you have removed it from your system. If you have removed it from your system, the WebStore will prompt you to install it again when you initiate a new download.
How do I download my software?
- Once you have downloaded and installed the SDM, download the .SDX file for your order and then launch that .SDX file. A new window will open. To begin downloading your software, click the Start button. Note: The SDM can only process one order at a time. Do not attempt to start a second instance as it will be ignored.
If you have any questions about the new Secure Download Manager contact Kivuto at DreamSpark@kivuto.com.
Further details on DreamSpark Secure Download Manager
Getting Started with a ELMS Store
Getting Started Guide – http://kivuto.com/dreamspark/DreamSparkGettingStartedGuide_en.pdf
Tutorial Videos for setting up ELMS – Training Videos
DreamSpark for Institutions – Microsoft DreamSpark Program