Announcing the Windows Azure for Research LinkedIn discussion group!
The group will serve as an opportunity to connect and engage with researchers and domain experts to drive awareness of Microsoft Research and Windows Azure for Research. We’d like for you to be part of the community and discussions.
What is the Windows Azure for Research initiative?
This is a program designed to help the research community use cloud computing to handle the challenges of data-intensive science. The culmination of more than three years of experimentation with using Windows Azure for scientific research, the Windows Azure for Research Initiative will help scientists accelerate the speed and dissemination of scientific discoveries.
The initiative has four components.
1. The Windows Azure for Research Awards program will award up to 100 sizable grants of Windows Azure resources annually. The grants will be for individual projects or for community efforts to host scientific data and services.
2. The Windows Azure for Research Training program is a series of worldwide training events for scientific researchers. Specially trained Windows Azure experts present these free, two-day classes, which are designed specifically to give researchers the skills to use cloud computing in their current and future investigations. The classes kicked off in September 2013.
3. The initiative offers a collection of technical and curricular resources, comprised of online self-study materials as well as programs for classroom use.
4. Research community engagements will include our sponsorship of an annual Windows Azure for Research workshop as well as our participation in existing scientific gatherings.
Interested in finding out more?
· Visit and join the Windows Azure for Research LinkedIn group page.
Join the group to stay informed and join the conversation. Windows Azure for Research wants to hear from scientists and scientific researchers interested in using cloud computing for research. We will be regularly posting discussions and content for you to engage with and contribute to. This is an excellent forum to connect with researchers and cloud computing industry leaders to help build awareness of the benefits of using Windows Azure for Research.
Please also take a moment to follow us on Twitter @Azure4Research and use #azureresearch.
The results from these early efforts many of which are described on our website have been outstanding.
These pioneering projects have cut across disciplines, from bioinformatics to ecology, social network analysis, civil engineering, mobile computing, natural language processing, and more.