This week I have done a number of events including Games Marketing Europe where I was asked to present on the 6 Top Tips for Marketing your App for Windows 8 and Windows Phone you can see my deck below
One of the most common question I get is how can I secure funding for my app or game? So I wanted to introduce you all to Microsoft, Nokia And Aalto University AppCampus Programme.
What is AppCampus?
AppCampus is €18M (US$24M) joint investment fund from Microsoft, Nokia, and Aalto University which is to fund and support high potential mobile startups around the world
So what is the Funding Opportunity?
Applicants who are successfully awarded an AppCampus investment receive €20K, €50K or €70K
AppCampus also provides some training and coaching via App Camp a residential accelerator camp based out of Aalto University in additional AppCampus provides Go-to-market support..
What are our asks?
All successful AppCampus awards need to agree to a 90 day exclusivity period and publish to the Windows Phone Store.
So what are we looking for?
• Differentiation: a brand new app that is not available in any mobile app store, OR an existing successful app on iOS/Android with exclusive/differentiated content or features on Windows Phone.
• Mass market appeal: potential to generate a high number of downloads (more than half a million per year) and/or revenue (tens of thousands of dollars per year)
• Experienced mobile developer: has experience building apps on one of the main mobile platforms (iOS/Android/WP) with demonstrated design, technical and business capabilities
• Convincing Overall Proposal: app design, technical solution, business model
• AppCampus 101 & Frequently Asked Questions: http://www.appcampus.fi/faq
• How to do a good AppCampus submission: http://jo.my/example1
Windows Phone Resources
•Windows Phone Dev Center – Design principles: http://jo.my/principles
•Windows Phone Dev Center – Design process: http://jo.my/process
•Windows Phone Dev Center – Development http://jo.my/develop
•Windows Phone 8 – Training Kit: http://jo.my/wp8tt
The Microsoft Ventures Accelerator London is looking for promising early-stage startups who are doing big things in the cloud, internet, mobile and gaming to join an immersive 12-week accelerator programme aimed at compressing time to launch. You’ll get access to 1:1 mentoring, a global alumni community, a cutting edge curriculum and loads of support and assistance to help you grow. There are just 2 weeks left to apply, so if you are a high-potential startup set on fast growth, you’ll want to check out: https://aka.ms/apply and get your application in quickly. #MSFTVenturesUK