Get your students recognised and rewarded for their hard work. if your teaching Windows Phone 7 then your students could get bonus rewards for migrating their Windows Phone app to Windows Store and vice versa or incorporating one or more Windows Azure Services.
The official website is not yet live but we don’t want you to miss out on this fantastic opportunity to get rewarded, so you can claim points for all new apps published from Monday 4th Feb 2013 once the website is live.
4 Simple Steps to Start Earning Points for your Awesome Apps:
- Build & publish your original & unique app.
- Register yourself on the UK App Builder Reward Programme website which will be coming very soon.
- Claim points by telling us about the app you’ve published and we’ll award points to you accordingly.
- Redeem your points for a range of fantastic prizes and gadgets.
Build & publish an app between Monday 4th Feb 2013 and Tuesday 30th Apr 2013 to be eligible for points you can redeem for rewards. Here are the different ways you can earn points: Register here http://www.appbuilder-rewards.co.uk/faq
Who is eligible to participate in the UK App Builder Reward Programme?
- Open to individuals who are eighteen years or over at the date of entry and who have the applicable UK Windows Store and/or Windows Phone Developer Account.
What is the timeframe of the UK App Builder Reward Programme?
- The programme is open for apps that are published between Monday 4th Feb 2013 to Tuesday 30th Apr 2013. App builders will have up to Sunday 19th May 2013 to claim points for their app(s) (see the “How Do I Claim My Points” section). The points must be redeemed for rewards by Tuesday 31st May 2013 (see the “Redeeming Points For Rewards” section).
What apps are eligible for the UK App Builder Reward Programme?
- Windows Store and Windows Phone apps published between Monday 4th Feb and Tuesday 30th Apr 2013 are eligible for the programme. Furthermore, in order to earn points for your app, it must certain requirements.
Any App you submit must: (i) be new (as of Monday 4th Feb 2013) and not an existing, updated App; (ii) comply with all of the policies and procedures specified on Windows Phone Store and Windows Store in relation to App submission and certification; and (iii) meet the following objective requirements:
- Be certified in either the Windows Phone Store and/or Windows Store – For more information about the requirements and content policies for Apps, see the Windows Phone Store Application Certification Requirements (available at: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh184843(v=VS.92).aspx) and the Windows Store Application Certification Requirements (available at: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/hh694083.aspx)
- Follow the New Modern Design Principles (not required for games) – For more information about the New Modern Design Principles see:http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windowsphone/develop/hh202915(v=vs.92).aspx
- Target one (1) or more of the following Windows Phone platforms: (i) 7.5; (ii) 7.8; and/or (iii) 8
- Make use of at least one (1) of the following features:
- Live Tiles
- Supports Large, Medium and Small tiles (for 7.8 and/or 8)
- App to app comms
- In-app purchases
- Deals & wallet
- Video, photo and/or Video/Photo manipulation
- Lock screen integration
- A calculator, of any sort;
- An RSS Reader, of any sort;
- A soundboard, of any sort.
- A Timer, of any sort;
- A game manual, of any sort;
- An eBook, of any sort;
- An App designed for a single conference or event (apps that include multiple events/ conferences in a single app are allowed);
- A password checker, of any sort;
- Inappropriate content that promotes hate, discrimination or displays any form of nudity, or pornography, or any other materials that Microsoft determines to be unsuitable or offensive in its sole and absolute discretion;
- An appointment reminder, of any sort;
- Any app that has been published as “beta”; and/or
- A private Marketplace
How do I earn the additional bonus point by incorporating Windows Azure Services?
- You will be eligible to earn an additional bonus point by incorporating one or more Windows Azure Service:
- Compute – Web/Worker Role, Azure Mobile Services and Azure Media Services
- Storage – Blobs, Tables, Cubes
- Database – Windows Azure SQL Database
To validate that you are using one of the Windows Azure Services, please provide your Windows Azure Subscription ID and Live ID so this can be verified when you are claiming your apps for points.
How do I claim my points?
- Firstly, develop and publish your Windows Store and/or Windows Phone app.
- Secondly, register and sign in to the UK App Builder Reward Programme
- Then, submit your app in the ‘claim points’ section. Be sure to include the name, URL of your app. In order to claim bonus points, be sure to include your Windows Azure details and/or existing Windows Phone or Windows Store app details if ported.
What happens to the points that I don’t use?
- Any unused and remaining points earned in this reward programme that are not used before Tuesday 31 May 2013 cannot be carried forward to any future reward programmes and will, therefore, be lost. So, make sure you use your points before the programme finishes. App builders will have up to Sunday 19th May 2013 to claim points for their app(s). The points must be redeemed for rewards by Tuesday 31 May 2013.
How do I ensure the points I claim are updated on the UK App Builder Reward Programme?
- To ensure that your points are allocated effectively and efficiently, please ensure that you accurately input your Windows Store and/or Windows Phone developer details (publisher details, full name, and email according to the
When will I receive my points once I have claimed them on the website?
- Please note that processing time is not immediate and not in real time. Points will be awarded after 5-10 working days. We will do our best to turn this around as soon as possible. But please bear with us and only contact us if you have not received your points after 10 working days you have claimed your point online. As outlined before, you can help by ensuring your publisher name, for the Windows Store and/or Windows Phone details are correct.
Join the discussion forum UK App Builder LinkedIn group here http://linkd.in/ukw8apps
Register now http://www.appbuilder-rewards.co.uk/faq
I have more questions Please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org