Want to learn how to develop for Windows Phone 8?
Microsoft’s FREE Windows Phone 8 Jump Start training is now available, to help you get up to speed with the latest updates to the Windows Phone ecosystem. Jumpstart is a fast-paced and demo-packed learning ‘experience’ tailored to show developers how to build responsive, appealing, and effective applications quickly.
I have a few questions this week regarding thing like In App Purchase and Speech input for windows 8. There are 20 modules available online for your on-demand viewing which break the training down into bitesize chunks which include video, sample code and powerpoint presentations.
Here’s a full outline of the course that was delivered, with direct links to each module. For those of you who are new to the world of Windows Phone, this is a great way to start developing apps right away.
- Mod 01a: Introducing Windows Phone 8 Development Part 1
- Mod 01b: Introducing Windows Phone 8 Development Part 2
- Mod 02: Designing Windows Phone 8 Apps
- Mod 03: Building Windows Phone 8 Apps
- Mod 04: Files and Storage on Windows Phone 8
- Mod 05: Windows Phone 8 Application Lifecycle
- Mod 06: Background Agents
- Mod 07: Tiles and Lock Screen Notifications
- Mod 08: Push Notifications
- Mod 09: Using Phone Resources in Windows Phone 8
- Mod 10: App to App Communication in Windows Phone 8
- Mod 11: Network Communication in Windows Phone 8
- Mod 12: Proximity Sensors and Bluetooth in Windows Phone 8
- Mod 13: Speech Input in Windows Phone 8
- Mod 14: Maps and Location in Windows Phone 8
- Mod 15: Wallet Support
- Mod 16: In-App Purchasing
- Mod 17: The Windows Phone Store
- Mod 18: Enterprise App Architecture
- Mod 19: Windows Phone 8 and Windows 8 Cross Platform Development
- Mod 20: Mobile Web