Microsoft Online Event ID: 1032536068 13th Dec 2012
Starts: Thursday, December 13, 2012 9:00 AM
Ends: Friday, December 14, 2012 5:00 PM
Time zone: (GMT-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada)
The iOS Resources page (www.interop.windows.com) is now live on dev center. This is a great starting place for iOS developers to begin their Windows app building. So if your an existing iOS developer have you considered developing for Windows 8 and Windows Phone?
This is FREE, two-day training designed to jumpstart your Windows Store app development run by the Big Nerd Ranch and Microsoft.
You will learn the ins-and-outs of the Windows platform from iOS developers who are now building Windows apps. Sessions will follow a low-key, interactive format where iOS terms and concepts will be mapped to Windows alternates. You will also get hands-on time to apply what you’ve learned.
What’s the agenda?
• Introduction to the platform and the Windows Store
• Design differences between iOS and Windows 8
• Tooling: Visual Studio and Blend
• C# for Objective-C developers
• Asynchronous programming
• Consuming web services
• Intro to building Windows Store apps with XAML (controls, layout and styling)
• Advanced UI development with XAML (data binding, templates, and collections)
• Contracts and extensions
• Ask the Experts panel
• Process Lifecycle Management and State Management
• Notifications and Live tiles
• Bing Maps, SkyDrive, and Microsoft Account integration
• C++ for Objective-C developers
• Reusing code with Windows Phone
If you can’t attend in person, watch the live stream of the event at https://channel9.msdn.com. Please register for the live stream here, then just point your browser to Channel 9 or to our registration site on the day of the event.
Any iOS developer will benefit from this training, but we will focus more on those apps that are not games. For this event, there will be no deep game/graphics coverage (no OpenGL ES and no DirectX deep-dives).
Email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.