Microsoft is currently planning a number of events for Building Windows Store games using 3rd Party game frameworks
Microsoft has a planned Unity Event which will be Live Streamed so you watch the live stream at https://channel9.msdn.com details of the event will be posted at https://msevents.microsoft.com/cui/EventDetail.aspx?culture=en-US&EventID=1032536057&IO=RvvJnnxnVDNkhQ1yt1cwdQ%3d%3d
You do not have to register for the live stream, just point your browser to Channel 9
Join Unity and Microsoft for this free, all-day training designed to jumpstart your Windows Store game app development with the Unity engine.
You will learn from Unity and Microsoft experts in a low-key, interactive way and then get hands-on time to apply what you’ve learned.
· Overview and Introduction to the Windows 8 platform and the Windows Store
· Introduction to the Unity engine
· Unity + Windows 8 global business opportunities
· End-to-end walkthrough of building a Windows Store game with Unity 4
· Learn how to tweak an existing Unity game to target the Windows Store
· Learn to optimize and deploy your Unity project for Windows 8, Windows RT, and Windows Phone 8.
· Learn about features to differentiate your games with Windows 8 integration, such as tiles and contracts
· Tips & tricks for designing, reusing, and sharing code between Windows Phone and Windows 8
· Case studies and Shared examples from Unity, Microsoft, and expert 3rd party developers
· Discussions and Q&A from Microsoft and Unity engineering and product specialists
· Bring your hardware and software and immerse yourself and your team into a full day of Windows Store game development using Unity platforms in a casual environment.
· Meet other Unity Windows 8 developers, share experiences, and grow your development capabilities.
· Meet members of the Unity and Windows evangelism team and get great advice on developing great Windows Store games.
If you can’t attend in person, watch the live stream of the event at https://channel9.msdn.com. You do not have to register for the live stream; just point your browser to Channel 9 or to our registration site on the day of the event.