This competition is aimed at the growing number of indy game developers in the UK.
The prize structure has been developed around the strategy of supporting the indie game space in the UK and fostering a vibrant and successful industry by giving developers and their titles the best chance of success through profile and discoverability. If your a winner you will get support and assistance in the form of a PR campaign, mentoring with industry leaders & a professionally produced video games trailer.
There will be first and second prizes as detailed below. All ten game app finalists will be invited to an Awards Ceremony hosted at Dolby’s London HQ in January 2013. In addition to the awards ceremony itself; there will be a chance to discover the latest audio technologies and listen to a guest speaker discussing the challenges involved in delivering a great audio experience.
The prize(s) will be as follows:
- One month’s free PR campaign for the developer and game from Train2Game (equivalent to 15 hours of PR support in the month). Full details on the website www.ubelly.com/gaming
- Commercial game app trailer created and produced by The Trailer Farm up to the value of £4,000
- Up to 3 hours of mentoring sessions with Andy Payne (Mastertronic, AppyNation, Ukie Chairman) and Ian Livingstone (Eidos, Ukie Vice Chairman)
- Nokia Lumia 920 Windows 8 Smartphone
- £500 Visa Gift card courtesy of YoYo Games
- Mentoring session of two hours with Jason Kingsley, Chairman of TIGA & CEO of Rebellion Studios
- Nokia Lumia 920 Windows 8 Smartphone
- £250 Visa Gift card courtesy of YoYo Games
- Mentoring session of two hours with Philip Oliver, TIGA Board Member & CEO of Blitz Games Studios
Timing: Monday November 5th competition opens and closes on December 14th
Power Up Competition
To be in with the chance of winning one of our fantastic prizes, after successfully submitting your app to the store, follow the steps below to enter the competition.
Send the following details to email@example.com
- Your name
- Studio Name
- Email Address and Phone Number
- Name of the Game App
- Include a copy of your Store Certification email for the App you are submitting.
There is no limit to the number of entries, all entries need to be received by 11.59PM GMT 14th December 2012.
Please see below for all Terms and Conditions and further details at http://www.ubelly.com/power-up-competition/
Don’t forget if your a Student game developer then enter your Games in the Imagine Cup
Games return to Imagine Cup, bigger than ever!
Games are an important part of Imagine Cup. But this year we’re increasing the prizes dramatically and holding Games Local Finals in many countries. Games teams can even be chosen as the National Team for their countries and win a free trip to St. Petersburg, Russia, to compete for the top prizes!
So do you have an idea for a gaming experience that could transform how we play? Imagine Cup is where students can make it happen and share it with the world!
Create a game on your favourite gaming platform: Windows (PC or touchscreen), Windows Phone, Xbox Indie Games, or Kinect SDK. Embrace your love of gaming and show us what you can do.
Be fearless: Use the Microsoft platform to change up an existing genre, make something crazy and new, or deliver a killer new visual style. Let your skills in game design, art direction, and storytelling run wild. Take the first step and you never know what could happen. The future of gaming is in your hands!
Win Bigger with the Windows 8 Boost! If you’re one of the three Games Competition winners at the Worldwide Finals in St. Petersburg, and your project includes a Windows 8 Store App, your team will win an extra US$1,000 thanks to the Windows 8 Boost! Please see the official rules for details.
Are you ready?
Worldwide Finals Prizes
1st Place: $50,000 (USD)
2nd Place: $10,000 (USD)
3rd Place: $5,000 (USD)
And a free trip to St. Petersburg for all finalist teams & mentors!
August 30, 2012
March 15, 2013
Deadline to register your team
April 15, 2013