Today the ImagineCup team launches new competitions and framework for 2013, taking our first steps towards St. Petersburg, Russia, where all of our efforts will culminate in our Worldwide Finals in July, 2013.
This year, we have three big competitions and challenges.
· World Citizenship: Make an app that could change someone’s life. Pick your cause: the environment, education, health, you name it. Use technology as an agent of change.
· Games: Put a smile on the face of the world. Make the next great game and see people playing it all around you on console, PC, phone, slate – wherever people play games.
· Innovation: Reinvent social networks. Transform online shopping. Experience music in a new way. Do something amazing with GPS. It’s time to take that crazy idea of yours and ship it!
· The Windows 8 App Challenge will test a team’s ability to design and build a Windows Store app that takes advantage of Windows 8 features and design principles to deliver an exceptional experience on the platform.
· The Windows Phone Challenge is seeking the best apps that feature startling functionality and device-focused utility, combined with a delightful Windows Phone user experience.
· The Windows Azure Challenge is about getting your team started on the “next big thing” by leveraging Azure platform features to build a great web application.
The biggest prizes in the history of the ImagineCup to go with them.
For each competition, we'll award:
· First Place: $50,000 (USD)
· Second Place: $10,000 (USD)
· Third Place: $5,000 (USD)
And each challenge:
· First Place: $10,000 (USD)
· Second Place: $5,000 (USD)
· Third Place: $3,000 (USD)
Plus every finalist team and their mentor will also get a free trip to St. Petersburg, Russia, to compete in the Worldwide Finals!
To keep upto date join the ImagineCup mailing list and subscribe to the ImagineCup blog to be the first to get all the news.