We are pleased to announce three university level courses are now available on Faculty Connection.
The courses are modular for easy integration into existing curricula; they are application development oriented; each contains instructor guides, PPTs, labs/tutorials and video files that accompany the exercise files.
· 11 modules that provide lectures and tutorials on how to design for the Windows 8 UI using Metro language.
- 100 Level for Human Computer Interaction (HCI) classes; focus is on UI design using Metro style
- Prerequisites: none; suitable for any college student
- Audience: any audience; no programming skills required
- 100/200 Level for web design classes/apps development
- Prerequisites: students need to have basic programming skill, i.e. Intro to Computing (101) or AP Computing; usually required by any HE institution as part of 1st year classes.
- Audience: any audience – science, engineering, art, etc
- This course covers development systems for phones, tablets and desktop computers, focusing on a) fundamentals of building network aware software, b) interfaces for touch and NUI devices such as Kinect; c) graphics programming such as writing code that displays augmented reality experiences
- 200/300 Level for CS; Engineering; Science programs with apps development
- Prerequisites: students need to have basic programming skill and understanding of math and science
- Audience: STEM disciplines
For additional resources for Windows 8 Metro Style Design and App development see my previous blog post on Windows 8 development resources