There are two options to distribute products to your students.
The first, and most commonly used, leverage the e-Academy License Management System (ELMS) Webstore that comes with your subscription. ELMS is a Web-based software distribution system that program administrators can tailor to their department’s needs. ELMS is provided as a free benefit to DreamSpark member departments worldwide, so no additional fees apply in order to use it. Essentially, ELMS enables administrators to create a customized Web-based software and key distribution mechanism for their department, deploy it to their students, and enjoy the benefit of the maintenance-free record-keeping inherent to the ELMS system.
Note: There is a brief deployment process, but the seamless record-keeping, broad distribution, and easy maintenance are significant! We highly recommend that all administrators consider the use of ELMS, which can be deployed in one of two ways:
- Campus-hosted downloads. This method of deployment allows administrators to create an account for their department on the ELMS Application Server, upload identities of all students in their department, and create a locally hosted (on-campus) download server that eligible students can use to get their software.
- Direct Student Download. This method of deployment allows administrators to create an account for their department on the ELMS Application Server, upload identities of all students in their department, and give eligible students access to a preconfigured download server.
The second option is to use MSDN Subscriber Downloads to access any product keys that students may need to activate their products. While administrators cannot grant direct access to the MSDN Subscriber Downloads to students, they can download the software package and request keys from this site and give them to students.
So what is ELMS
ELMS is a Web-based software distribution and management application hosted by e-academy. As a turnkey system, ELMS enables you to authenticate eligible students and faculty online and automate the ordering and distribution of DreamSpark software to students and faculty.
ELMS is available to all program administrators worldwide, and is currently available in six languages: English, French, Spanish, German, Japanese and Portuguese-Brazilian. ELMS is available to your end-users in the following eight languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Japanese, Portuguese, Turkish and Russian. When you request your ELMS, please be sure to indicate your language preference.
To get your private URL to your ELMS, please fill out this request form. The support team will be able to give you instructions on how to setup and configure your ELMS system.
ELMS Training Resources
- ELMS Getting started Guide is available in the following languages:
- For administrative access to the system, please contact e-academy.
- For further assistance with your ELMS site, please click here.
- The ELMS training video is available in the following languages:
- For ELMS customer service, click here.
- For Secure Download Manager(SDM) Reference Guide:
- For Single Sign-On Verification Guide: