We are excited with the launch of DreamSpark site and the opportunity for schools, colleges and universities to utilise the benefits of this amazing software offer.
As we mentioned earlier this month, this will not impact any of the existing MSDN Academic Alliance (MSDNAA) services or IT Academy subscriptions. What is new is that all existing EES licensed schools, college and universities will receive a complementary copy of DreamSpark $99 campus wide license.
So What has changed?
• MSDNAA and DreamSpark have been consolidated into a single program that provides Microsoft products to students and educators across primary, secondary and tertiary educational institutions.
• We’ve added a new institution-wide subscription that licenses you to distribute our development and design products across your institution’s labs and to all of your students and faculty this is complementary if you have have a valid EES subscription.
How does this affect your existing subscription?
• Developer AA has simply been renamed DreamSpark Premium. You’ll continue to access all the same software titles as you did before.
• Designer AA and High School AA have been discontinued and replaced with a new institution-wide offering named DreamSpark. There will be no change for the duration of your subscription.
• Upon renewal, you’ll be provided guidance on how to enroll in the new offerings.
• We have prepared Q&A and Usage Guidelines to help take full advantage of the new DreamSpark program, available at www.dreamspark.com/support/default.aspx
• Visit www.dreamspark.com to learn even more.
• In the meantime, continue to use the benefits you’ve enjoyed with your MSDNAA subscription.