The Microsoft IT Academy Program curriculum builds knowledge and experience in productivity tools and other technology applications that students will encounter on the job. It also provides an excellent foundation for future work and career advancement in technology and other fields. Students can develop skills that qualify them for certification as Microsoft Office Specialists, Microsoft Technology Associates, Microsoft Certified Technology Specialists, or Microsoft Certified IT Professionals.
Optimize your curriculum with Microsoft Certification
It is recommended that educators integrate certification in their curriculum because it promotes workforce readiness and helps prepare students for their careers.
- Office Skills: Microsoft Office Specialist certification demonstrates that an individual is proficient in the Microsoft Office suite and has the most up-to-date skills. Becoming a Microsoft Office Specialist helps increase everyday productivity while providing the tools to succeed in a technology-driven world.
- Entry-Level Technology: Microsoft Technology Associate certification is an entry-level credential from Microsoft that validates students’ knowledge of technology concepts. This is a critical first step toward building a successful career in technology or in a variety of other career paths.
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist certification demonstrates a high level of technology commitment to successfully implement, build on, troubleshoot, and debug a particular Microsoft technology, such as a Windows operating system, Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft SQL Server, and Microsoft Visual Studio. This proficiency demonstrates a comprehensive set of skills focused on advancing IT knowledge and taking on greater job challenges.
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional certification helps distinguish individuals as a professional with a comprehensive set of IT skills that effectively work with Microsoft technologies. The skills are necessary to perform a particular job role, such as database administrator or enterprise messaging administrator.
- Watch a demo to understand the certification process.
- See success in action with videos and case studies direct from the educators and students in the Microsoft IT Academy Program.
- Learn about certifications to take skills to the next level and help students gain a competitive edge:
- Enhance your professional development.
- Learn about internships and entry-level positions for your students through the Microsoft Students to Business program.
Also check out our Microsoft IT Academy Program career path resources.