PhoneGap version 1.3 has just been announced with full support for Windows Phone
We want to highlight that all the features of the popular mobile framework are supported on Windows Phone 7.5. The Microsoft Interoperability team have blogged about this here.
This release extends the cross-platform capabilities of PhoneGap, giving more choices to developers in need of a programming environment allowing them to easily deliver the same mobile experience to their users across the various existing and prominent mobile operating systems.
The plugins are now available for download here.
· Facebook JS SDK
· Twitter/LinkedIn/WindowsLive status retriever
· Bing Maps Launcher
· LiveTile Update
- Overall announcement from Interoperability @ Microsoft blog: “Full support for PhoneGap on Windows Phone is now Complete!”
- Technical details from PhoneGap.com: http://www.risingj.com/archives/147
- Get Started with PhoneGap on Windows Phone 7.5: http://PhoneGap.com/start#wp
- Video published on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aqYKd5rxr8
- Video published on Channel 9 https://channel9.msdn.com/Blogs/Interoperability
- Series of tips posts on Glen Gordon’s blog: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/glengordon/
- Jesse MacFayden’s blog (PhoneGap’s dev lead): http://risingj.com/
Cross Platform Developer Resources for Building Windows Phone Applications
WP7 Porting resources and API mapping
Leveraging your iPhone development expertise to build Windows Phone applications
Leveraging your Android development expertise to build Windows Phone applications