This week Microsoft released an update to the Visual Studio 11 Developer Preview Training Kit. This includes updates to labs that we made available at BUILD as well as several new labs.
The Training Kit is available in two different offline packages and is also available to browse online at MSDN. You can download the kit as a single package (37.2mb download), or you can download the Web Installer (2.5mb download) to browse the available content and download only the labs that you need.
Below is the list of hands-on labs that are included in the Training Kit.
Visual Studio Development Environment
- A Lap Around the Visual Studio 11 Development Environment
- What's New in Visual Studio 11 for C++ Developers (new)
- Asynchronous Programming in the .NET Framework 4.5
- What's New in ASP.NET and Web Development in VS 11
- What's New in Web Forms in ASP.NET 4.5
- What's New in ASP.NET MVC 4 (new)
- Using Page Inspector in Visual Studio 11 (new)
- Build RESTful APIs with WCF Web API
- Using Portable Class Libraries (new)
Application Lifecycle Management
- Building the Right Software: Generating Storyboards and Collecting Stakeholder Feedback with Visual Studio 11
- Agile Project Management in Team Foundation Server 11
- Making Developers More Productive with Team Foundation Server 11
- Diagnosing Issues in Production with IntelliTrace and Visual Studio 11
- Exploratory Testing and Other Enhancements in Microsoft Test Manager 11
- Unit Testing with Visual Studio 11: MSTest, NUnit, xUnit.net, and Code Clone
Windows Metro-style apps
- Windows 8 Developer Preview Hands on Labs from BUILD (link to http://www.buildwindows.com/labs)