1) Go to https://www.dreamspark.com/verify/default.aspx and sign in with a LiveID (you can create a LiveID using your .ac.uk email address or a personal email address if preferred) or if your a school or college administrator with a .org.uk email you can register your school.
2) Select your country and status
2) Verify as a Student
3) Get verified through my school
4) Click Continue
4) Select correct School, college or University.
5) Type in your information, and be sure to use your .ac.uk email address.
6) Check your .ac.uk email for verification:
7) Follow instructions to activate by clicking on the link and typing in the code sent to your email address.
8) After this is done, go to https://users.create.msdn.com/Register/ and choose account type, “Student”. This will waive the $99 fee.
9) Go through the entire App Hub account creation process. follow the step by step guide here
10) It will lead to another email to confirm your App Hub account.
11) To register your phone handsets
Turn on your phone and if necessary unlock the phone screen.
On your phone, ensure that the date and time are correct.
Using the USB cable that came with your phone, connect your phone to your computer. On your computer, the Zune software starts automatically. If Zune does not start, then start it manually.
On your computer, click Start, click All Programs, and then click Windows Phone SDK 7.1.
Click Windows Phone Developer Registration.The application starts, as shown in the following image. Verify that the Status message displays Phone ready. Please enter your Windows Live ID and password and click "Register" to begin.
If your phone is already registered, the Status message will indicate this and you will see an Unregister button.
Enter the Windows Live ID and password that correspond to your App Hub membership.
After your phone is successfully registered, the Status message will display Your phone has successfully been registered. You can now deploy applications to the Windows Phone. If you ever need to, you can also unregister the device by clicking Unregister in the tool.