Today a comprehensive package to leverage Nokia developer skills while learning to build applications for Windows Phone. Microsoft and Nokia have worked together to build a great package.
The package contains the following tools and documentation to help you along the path to learning Windows Phone development:
- The “Windows Phone Guide for Symbian Qt Application Developers” white paper,
- The addition of Symbian Qt to the Windows Phone API mapping tool
- The “Nokia Windows Phone Training” roadshow, a series of developer events
The “Windows Phone Guide for Symbian Qt Application Developers” white paper is about 100 pages organized in 8 chapters.
- Chapter 1: Introducing Windows Phone Platform
to Symbian^3 Qt Application Developers
- Chapter 2: Windows Phone Application Design Guidelines
- Chapter 3: Windows Phone Developer and Designer Tools
- Chapter 4: C# programming
- Chapter 5: Introducing Windows Phone Application Life Cycle
- Chapter 6: Porting Applications to Windows Phone
- Chapter 7: Windows Phone Example Applications
- Chapter 8: Using the API Mapping Tool
The white paper is available in different formats (HTML, DOCX & PDF).
Chapter 6 introduces porting tutorials, in which you will find practical examples and tips on how to port your applications, like the RSS Reader applications or the “Diner” example, a catalog-type restaurant information application. From design consideration to data binding, the porting story addresses many aspects of the process that will be useful to you; the developer.
The full list of samples and source code is available to you.
The addition of Symbian Qt to the Windows Phone API mapping tool is another perk we wanted to deliver in order to speed up the learning curve to Windows Phone. For this first iteration of the mapping, includes core libraries for Qt 4.7 for Symbian (QtCore, QtGui, QtLocation, QtNetwork, QtSensors, QtSql, QtXml, QtWebKit, QML Elements, QML Components ).
Finally, keep an eye on the “Nokia Windows Phone Training” roadshow. During this one day training event, you’ll learn how to take your ideas and get them running on the Windows Phone platform. Upcoming dates and locations for the roadshow are as follows:
We realize this is only a few dates and locations, so for all the developers who want to learn Windows Phone, we recommend that you follow at your own pace the EXCELLENT “Window Phone Mango Jump Start” online video training.