What is the Microsoft Dynamics Academic Alliance?
The Microsoft Dynamics® Academic Alliance is a program for member universities and colleges who wish to enhance the learning experience by integrating Microsoft Dynamics enterprise resource planning (ERP) and customer relationship management (CRM) software in the curriculum.
Why is the Alliance important?
Education is often more meaningful when it is made practical. Hands-on learning with software enables students to apply business concepts and processes to real-world scenarios using business tools they are likely to encounter during their career. Students at member colleges and universities have a competitive advantage in the job market after college because they are not only well-educated and highly motivated, but already experienced in using business tools. They also may have taken advantage of opportunities to network with peers and meet business people and Microsoft partners through their affiliation with the alliance. As a result, they receive special insight into internship, career, or business opportunities
How does the alliance work?
Member institutions receive free software, support, and resources from Microsoft. Peer educators within the alliance share ideas for curricula. Events provide opportunities for deepening knowledge and relationships. Microsoft Dynamics partners may participate as guest speakers in the classroom or as expert advisors in a laboratory or seminar setting.
Why should my Institution become a Alliance member?
Member universities demonstrate leadership, relevance, and innovation by incorporating Microsoft Dynamics into their curricula, and they can benefit from the loyalty of graduates who were well-prepared for internship, career, and business opportunities. Participating partners have an edge in recruiting highly qualified graduates and mentoring them to become loyal, productive employees who make critical contributions in serving customers and driving business growth.
Give context to concepts with Microsoft Dynamics software
Stand apart as leaders and innovators in business and technology education, and attract talented faculty and students as well as business connections. Membership in the Microsoft Dynamics Academic Alliance distinguishes forward-thinking schools and faculty, which are able to put students in a stronger position to find rewarding employment. Augment students’ understanding of the business world with relevant, realistic, hands-on learning experiences that enhance the effectiveness of your technology and business courses. The alliance provides free Microsoft Dynamics software, encourages connections with local Microsoft Dynamics partners, facilitates the exchange of ideas and experience among peers and Microsoft business technologists, and offers online resources with insight into business and technology trends.
Valuable, Relevant education
• Practical insight into business processes, challenges, and solutions through the use of software used in thousands of midsize businesses around the world.
• Holistic business and process modelling, incorporating cross-functional business activities.
• Professional growth through exposure to and incorporation of some of the latest ideas and practices from Microsoft and its technology partners.
Business enablement and insight
• Broad exposure to business issues and technology solutions for your students.
• Downloadable, effective materials shared by alliance members.
• Realistic, context-rich business modelling using data sets provided by Microsoft.
• Innovative education leadership with contemporary, progressive technology and business curricula.
• Close connections to the real business world.
• Synergies among business, technical, and environmental benefits.
• Idea exchange among peers at special alliance events and with the alliance member network.
• Vast ecosystem of Microsoft Dynamics partners and technology experts for advice, speaking, and mentoring.
Resources for Alliance member institutions and faculty
• Certificate of completion for students passing Microsoft Dynamics Academic Alliance courses
• Members-only email signature
• Web buttons for your institution website to lead to your program information page
• Best practices guide
• Copy usage guidelines with ready-to-print descriptions of your alliance membership
• Datasheets communicating the value of the alliance to your institution
• Networking, educational, and advisory opportunities
• Curriculum aids from Microsoft and education peers
• Newsletter with the latest information about the program and more
For more see www.microsoft.com/education/academic_alliance.mspx
Read success stories www.microsoft.com/education/dynamicsaa_stories.mspx
Faculty Connection Resources for Dynamics www.microsoft.com/faculty
Linkedin Group www.linkedin.com/groups?mostPopular=&gid=3000704