The Windows Azure Platform Training Kit includes a comprehensive set of technical content including hands-on labs, presentations, and demos that are designed to help you learn how to use the Windows Azure platform, including: Windows Azure, SQL Azure and the Windows Azure AppFabric.
August 2011 Update
The August 2011 update of the training kit includes the following updates:
- [New Hands-On Lab] Introduction to Windows Azure Marketplace for Applications
- [Updated] Labs and Demos to leverage the August 2011 release of the Windows Azure Tools for Microsoft Visual Studio 2010
- [Updated] Windows Azure Deployment to use the latest version of the Azure Management Cmdlets
- [Updated] Exploring Windows Azure Storage to support deleting snapshots
- Applied several minor fixes in content
You can download the updated Windows Azure Platform Training Kit – August 2011 Refresh from download centre or view online now on the Windows Azure Platform Training Course on MSDN.
The important take away is that in the Hands-On Lab will take an application through the full provisioning process. This is extremely valuable if your looking to publish your applications into the Windows Azure Marketplace.
Hands-On Lab Details
There are five exercises in the Hands-On Lab:
- Exercise 0: Understanding a SaaS Subscription Scenario
- Exercise 1: Modify your Application to support Windows Azure Marketplace Subscriptions
- Exercise 2: Register the Application in Windows Azure Marketplace and Test Subscriptions with the Dev Playground
- Exercise 3: Add Support for Unsubscribe messages
- Exercise 4: Learn how to Publish in Windows Azure Marketplace, Explore the Finished App
You can take a look at the SaaS application live in the marketplace: https://datamarket.azure.com/application/AA1EA7A3-E3FE-4EE5-B7B5-CBF4142CB983
The Windows Azure team are always looking to make improvements to updates and releases so if you encounter any bugs or have any problems, please send us feedback at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Additionally, if there’s additional content you’d like to see in the training kit, please let us know on the Windows Azure Platform Training Kit Forum – you’re feedback is highly valued.