Lots of new improved features have been added to Microsoft Academic Search in July
Academic Search comes from Microsoft Research with much of the development coming from MS Research Asia.
What’s New in the July Release
- The database of searchable publications has nearly doubled.
- From 15.7 million publications to 27.1 million publications as of today
- Access to material from 10.5 million authors to 16.2 million authors
- Material in 14 domains available with more to come including humanities and social sciences material.
- Biology & Biochemistry
Economics & Business
Molecular Biology & Genetics
Neuroscience & Behaviour
Pharmacology & Toxicology
Psychiatry & Psychology
- The launch of Academic Map Search
- New Compare Organizations Tool
- “Compare differences in the number of publications and citations as well as research priorities and interests between two organizations.”
- Improved: Keyword Detail Info
- New stemming variations and definition context
- View History
- “All past changes to the author/paper are listed in reverse-chronological order, users can view history by clicking the “View History” tab in the user contribution center.”
- Release of a Windows Mobile app
- Download the app from MarketPlace on your device or visit http://social.zune.net/External/LaunchZuneProtocol.aspx?pathuri=navigate%3FphoneAppID%3D6662ae9f-869e-e011-986b-78e7d1fa76f8