HPC Server 2008 R2 SP2 is available for download
HPC Server 2008 R2 SP2 is now available for download. This service pack updates the HPC Pack 2008 R2 products listed in the ‘System Requirements’ section. It provides improved reliability as well as an enhanced feature set including:
- Enhanced Windows Azure integration – you can now add Azure VM Roles to your cluster, you can Remote Desktop to your Azure nodes, and you can run MPI jobs on Azure nodes.
- Use a new ‘resource pool’ job scheduling policy that ensures resources are available to multiple groups of users.
- Access job scheduling services through a REST interface or through an IIS-hosted web portal.
- Assigning different submission and activation filters to jobs based on job templates.
- Over-subscribe or under-subscribe the number of cores on cluster nodes.
Download HPC Pack 2008 R2 Service Pack 2
In the "Download HPC Pack 2008 R2 Service Pack 2" section you will three files:
HPC2008R2SP2-Update-x64.zip (123.0 MB)
Download this .zip file to obtain the updater for use on your head nodes, compute nodes, broker nodes, and x64-based clients and workstation nodes. It also contains the Web Components (REST and Web Portal), Azure VM, and KSP (‘soft card’) installers necessary to use those features.
HPC2008R2SP2-Update-x86.zip (121.0 MB)
This .zip file contains the updated for use on 32-bit clients and workstation nodes. It also contains the KSP (‘soft card’) installer for 32-bit clients.
SP2 Media Integration Package.zip (570.0 MB)
SP2 Media Integration Package:
For customers who will be doing multiple new cluster installations (setting up brand new head nodes, not just updating existing clusters) you can use this package to update your original (‘RTM’) installation media to have SP2 integrated from the beginning. (Instead of installing from your RTM DVD, then applying SP1, then applying SP2.) Please refer to the instructions on the HPC team blog for more information.