Steady chasing paper

I’m still here working at Microsoft Corp. Do you guys still have jobs? We lost a friend from the Tick. I’m no economist, but I’ll tell you that it probably sucks if you lose your job. I hope you, especially those of you in countries who are getting the worst side of this thing, are doing OK.

Is this a stupid post? Who cares what i hope for Team World Economy, I just work in marketing and drink a lot of tea. But I do care, actually. So I stand by it.

Hello, customers and partners and co-workers. I hope you still have jobs.

Your friend,
Trika

1. AspiringGeek says:

Still on the payroll.  Thanks for your concern!  May The Force be with us all…

2. Benjamin S says:

Still plugging away… MS Certs seem more and more attractive.

3. SteveM says:

Still working… going for an exam next week that will give me a few certs

4. Still truckin’…good to hear from you, Trix.

5. Liza says:

One still-employed Certified Geek Grrrl here!

6. Yep, thanks for the caring.  All good here.  Going for more certs later this month.

7. Adrian.ie says:

Took a 10% pay cut but very thankful I still have a job.  Glad to see you’re still with us!

On a positive note the price of a cup of coffee is coming down… it’s all swings and roundabouts

8. Adrian.ie says:

9. Hey Trika, I am independent consultant, so I cannot get fired, but my clients can slow down. And they did. This are tough times…

10. trikah@microsoft.com says:

Only 8 people made it to roll call on my blog. That makes me worry about the other 6 readers. I hope they still have jobs!

L nice to see your distinctive typing. I’d recognize that font anywhere

A i’m glad you still have a job, too. If coffee is that cheap I’ll plan a trip to IE. Take that, Seattle.

G Hang in there.

Goodluck on your exams J and B

11. hartplaza says:

Hi Trika,

still working hard on a very nice job for the government (MOD/coast guard), with nice co-workers. I dont have to worry about keeping my job.

However, work is not the same anymore since you changed job at Microsoft 😉

But I am glad to hear something from you!

12. Niall says:

Still working away.. no changes for me .. tho there could be .. who knows

13. Deniz says:

Trika it is nice to read a a deep serious from you – it’s nice that someone speaks out the worries we all might have.

Worry is ok, but we can’t take a look in the future if this is like the Dot-Com-Bubble or a lightly salient down in the normal up- and downs of economy.

Companys that survive this down of economy are going to benefit from it. If you manage such a crisis you stand invigorated afterwards!

14. BEACHDBA says:

Still here.  Trika – you need an independent humor blog and reap in some ad revenue.  I seriously think you are a web sensation waiting to happen.  Not everyone can smuggle a banana into the country and is willing to blog about it.

Sincerely,

A Fan

15. Ben says:

HI Trika,

good to see your still about! I told you i’d not remove you from the RSS feed just yet 😛

16. Still working…and blogging. You’re almost totally embedded I see? 🙂

17. trikah@microsoft.com says:

Hi, guys. Nice to hear from you!