This is why I prefer working from Seattle

Dick’s Drive-In is #1 on this little map, Redmond is #2, and South Lake Union is #3. I live* at Dick’s Drive-In**, so the commute to the Seattle office is very nice.

seattle

*a few blocks short of literally and a few burgers short of figuratively
**Dick’s is the place/where the cool hang out/the swass like to play/and the rich flaunt clout.

1. Rob.au says:

Which begs the question – are you the cool, the swass or the rich?

2. ruisu says:

I think riding the SLUT everyday sounds much healthier and better for the environment than eating D-Burgers. You can also ride it with your new friend.

Not too sure about Redmond…I’d be weary of having to cross a floating bridge as part of my daily commute. The SLUT beats floating megastructure every time. That’s just me though! But yeah, look on the bright side Trikah!

BTW, the Gas Works Park sounds like a blast.

3. Hey I rode that route – in a cab, mind you. It was better than a roller coaster ride at a theme park!

4. For the non-natives around here, er, what is "the SLUT"?

5. Trika says:

Rob.au: I am the swass. Duh.

Ruisu: Gas Works sounds a little unpleasant, but it is very nice.

Michael Dragone: consult previous post, is unfortunate acronym for very legitimate Seattle area transport…

6. Scar says:

Don’t forget that the floating megastructure is nearing 60 years old and could sink during a windstorm.  Yeah, I cross it every day as well, I guess you get used to it like Californians get used to earthquakes.

7. Tom says:

So, is your posse so big that you have to walk in two’s? And do you get dirty looks from those other sucka crews?

8. Ah, thanks Trika. I one day would like to be a SLUT rider.

9. trikah@microsoft.com says:

Dear Tom, I have a crush on you. I hope no one finds out.

Trika

10. trikah@microsoft.com says:

Scar, I miss you! Riding Tick on Thurs hope to see you.

11. Anthony says:

I just saw the big red s.l.u.t making tracks down Westlake! There were no ticks, but it did seem to be carrying some fleas.

12. Tom says:

Thanks Trika 😉

It’s been awhile since I’ve listened to that old skool rap. Maybe some Buttermilk Biscuits will get me in order. Cheers all!

13. emanuelmcc1 says:

Hello fellow Techs……..

Currently, I live in Colorado. I am very interested in relocating back to

the east-coast…New Jersey and or Florida.

I am working, and enjoy my job; I have over 15 yrs of experience in the tech

industry. I am Microsoft certified and currently working on additional

Microsft designations. I have experience with Oracle, Unix, Linux, and some

health care experience. But my love and interest is the Microsoft

infrastructure. I have extensive training, experience and hands-on with:

Server 2000 / 2003 / 2008,  Exch 2003 (some 2007), SQL 2000, 2005,

SharePoint, XP, Vista, and some CRM….(Thank God for my home lab, my Action

Pack, Virtual server and Virtual PC).

I am looking for long-term contracts (more than 6 months if possible), and

perm opportunities.

Call or e-mail ASAP, or anytime!!!!

Thanks……