Something I learned at TechEd is that if you call anything a “smackdown” it seems cool, and less boring than if you do not call it that. There was some session called the Mobility Smackdown, and it seemed like everyone was all amped about it. So, from now on, all of my sessions will be called Smackdowns, and we will not have live meetings, we will have smackdowns, and all my blog posts will have Smackdown in the title. Oh, don’t mind me, winning hearts and minds with a little old-fashioned smackdown.
But back to business.
If you were at my mini lunchtime-smackdown on Visual Studio 2008 certifications at TechEd AUS*, I promised you that I’d post availability dates for the exams I talked about. This shows what I’ve seen for the latest availability for the English versions of the exams–will update this post if I hear differently. If you can’t read these jpgs let me know.
And if you are waiting for any of the upgrade exams, add about a month+ to the professional-exam dates above. Nothing before 2009, for certain, for any of these:
- Exam 70-566: Upgrade: Transition your MCPD Windows Developer Skills to MCPD Windows Developer 3.5
- Exam 70-567: Upgrade: Transition your MCPD Web Developer Skills to MCPD ASP.NET Developer 3.5
- Exam 70-568: Upgrade: Transition your MCPD Enterprise Application Developer Skills to MCPD Enterprise Application Developer 3.5, Part 1
- Exam 70-569: Upgrade: Transition your MCPD Enterprise Application Developer Skills to MCPD Enterprise Application Developer 3.5, Part 2
Hope that helps.
* If you, like my friends Chris and Adam, attended the session but are not a developer and, in fact, just showed up to be supportive, thanks very much. Appreciation smackdown!