That was actually a Rick Astley video. Here is the right link for the recording from the Microsoft Certified Master meeting. And here are the slides (not transcribed). And, here is a related article that was just published in TechRepublic: So you think you qualify for the Microsoft Certified Master Program.
For those of you who don’t want to watch the recording and have already read the Q&A Per’s been fielding on his blog post, here are a few bits of news.
- These are the tracks for which registration will be opening soon (target date of September 1)
- Microsoft Certified Master: Exchange Server 2007
- Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008
- Microsoft Certified Master: Windows Server 2008 – Directory
- Here is where the requirements and registration info is (and this is where reg will be when it opens)
- Coming next – but no requirements, no dates available yet <update 7/30 per Per: I would expect a public beta for the OCS program to be around February / March 2009.>
- Microsoft Certified Master: Office Communications Server 2007
- Microsoft Certified Master: Office SharePoint Server 2007
- And anything NOT listed above is not planned yet, but likely has been/is being considered by Per and team. Feel free to post about it if you have strong feelings about <insert your passion here – developer, SBS, Office, SC, etc>
- Lots of people wanted to know when the training will be available somewhere besides Redmond. <update 7/30 per Per: We will attempt to deliver all programs in at least 7 locations starting our following fiscal year (starting July 2009). Locations currently being considered: Redmond, Dallas, New York, London, Munich, Beijing, Bangalore, Sydney. None of these are locked in at this point, though.>
- The CURRENT training schedule looks like this:
MCM: Exchange 2007
MCM: SQL Server 2008
MCM: Windows Server 2008 – Directory
October 6-25, 2008
October 13 – November 1, 2008
November 3-22, 2008
January 5-24, 2009
January 12 – 31, 2009
January 19 – February 7, 2009
March 15 – April 4, 2009
March 16 – April 4, 2009
May 4-23, 2009
- Per will be presenting in an identical (minus the mess-up with log-in links, I trust) session at 5 PM today, Pacfiic Time.
HERE IS THE FEEDBACK FROM THE MEETING. THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO COMMENT.