70-536 prep session

Thanks you guys for coming to the prep session with Susan yesterday, even if you weren’t listening. Please read this – I know from the number of questions on it we haven’t done a good job explaining:

Does 536 cover .NET 2.0 content or 3.5 content?
70-536 is focused on measuring your skills and knowledge of the fundamentals of .NET development. The aspects of .NET development that we’re covering in the exam are the same whether you’re using .NET 2.0 or 3.5 – the questions are not tied to a specific version. Customers who are experienced using either 2.0 or 3.5, and are comfortable with the objectives of the exam  listed on the prep guide, should be able to pass the exam. If you are a 2.0 developer you do not need to ‘learn’ 3.5 to pass 70-536; a 3.5 developer does not need to review 2.0 to pass the exam.

If you missed the session or want to review:

I’m glad you liked the meeting.

Good luck on your exam! Let us know how it goes.

1. Niall M says:

Hi Trika

Wow, good slideshow, I just had a quick run through it. Strangely enough the tips that the presenter gave on doing exams such as booking the time etc, how to read the questions are the same as the ones I gave my colleagues heading into their exams

So far of the people who have taken that 70-536 exam, 4 have passed it first time, 1 passed on second shot and 1 should be passing today!!

I will send you on the results of the rest later! Its pretty groovy. Oh and my blog has gone into the cyber wilderness, will send you a link when I get the new one setup..

2. Aminu_Rufai says:

Hi Trika,

I have watched the cram session for the MCTS 70-536 Certification exams Exams which was very enlightening. I have a few questions on my mind.

What would you recommend for a person just starting off on the MCPD certification with no prior certification? With the new 3.5 certification exams would you suggest taking the MCPD 2.0 track then upgrading to .NET 3.5 or would you suggest going directly for the .NET 3.5 track since it is the latest certification available. And what are the changes in the different tracks, how would all these affect the books? Are the 70-528 and 70-547 self-paaced training books going to be relevant for the 3.5 track? I am planning to buy the books and start preparing for the certification but now not sure which to go for and which of the books to use since there arent’t any self paced books for the .NET 3.5 and some of the old books for .NET 2.0 might be irrelevant. I have sent this question to the support center and several blogs but i haven’t been able to get even a comment. I would really appreciate it if you could shed some light on this.

3. Alexandra says:

(sigh) Why no bathroom update from TechEd this year? The conference is almost over – please don’t disappoint us.

4. Así es, material de preparación para el examen 70-536 para la certificación Microsoft;

5. William says:

I just passed today. Thanks for the info it definately helped me to focus my studying prior to the exam.

I would really like to see some more of these. I am working on 70-505 next, the successor to 70-526. There is very limited study materials specifically designed for this cert, but I guess the 526 book should cover it.

Thanks again.

6. hfrmobile says:

I passed 70-528 weeks ago but MCP site (transcript) still not updated (already contacted MCP help but still no solution) …

I have googled a bit and seen that a lot of others having the same problem… Strange…

Why does the PDF transcript 15(!) MB?

Btw, C# 4 ever 😉

7. Susan says:

It was fun Treeker we’ll have to do it again sometime 🙂

8. spleen2060 says:

I’ve see the webcast it’s very useful

9. Was a good webcast, and although it came a week or so before my exam i still found it useful. I passed with a score of 805, but my test only had 40 questions so the range of questions can be quite large if as this presentation suggested it can go upto 60. Would be good to have a 70-526 session sometime soon.

10. trikah@microsoft.com says:

hrfmobile, has your transcript been updated yet? Have you gotten help from the helpdesk yet? If not, please send me what you HAVE gotten from the helpdesk and your MCP ID and I’ll help you get some, er, help.

11. hfrmobile says:

@trikah: Yes, my transcript was updated with 70-528 :o)

I just passed 70-536 some days ago but this wasn’t updated yet. I assume it will take some days until this is updated too?

Btw, why does the PDF transcript 15 MB? Maybe this could improved? OK, I like using XPS too but sometimes it is also good to have a PDF (e.g. if viewing it on a mobile device, …)

12. Marjie says:

Recording doesn’t work from your link.  It can be found here:

13. ccatto says: