Cram sessions next week

Argh, I just have heard that some people who tried to register yesterday were denied. If that was you – I’m sorry. I’ve been told we’ve reset our registration limits to ‘unlimited’ so hopefully no one will get shut out again. I’m glad so many people want to come.

We have great MCTs lined up to present.

Zach Niemann will be hosting the 70-620 cram. he is very funny, I got to hang out with him a little at TechEd last year. He led the 620 session I attended at the event and it was really helpful (although let’s be clear, I never took the exam). Zach has helped students from all walks of life from career changers to 20-year Unix admins. He has a proven ability to help any student learn tough concepts. Previous clients include: Microsoft, HP, Federal Reserve Bank of NY, US Army, Goldman Sachs. Zach … is the lead MCT Ambassador for the Cram 4 Exams area of <TechEd 2008>. Zach holds the following certifications: MCT, MCTS:Vista, MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician, MCSE (NT4, 2000, 2003); MCSE+S (2000, 2003); MCSA+S (2000, 2003), CEH, CEI, JNCI, JNCIS-FWV, Security +, A+, Network +, and i-Net+.

For 70-640, your trainer will be Gordon Ryan of Longneck Consulting. When he’s not at home in Australia, he’s attending TechEds and other events around the world; you’ve probably run in to him. I just saw him last month; he came to meet me for lunch (at a bowling alley’s going-out-of-business auction I’d blown off work* to attend so I could buy this ridiculous 1960s peacock blue bowling bench, the purchase of which I mildly regret now). He knows a lot of stuff. Read his spaces blog to figure out exactly what stuff he knows.

Susan Ibach will be presenting the 536 exam in the June cram session. I’ve had the pleasure of working with this lady at TechReady and TechEd a few times now, she’s tops. Susan Ibach has been teaching application developers for eight years. Before becoming a technical trainer she worked in a variety of development roles including programming, testing, configuration management and database administration. Here’s a bit more about her.

I’m very pleased to have these three for our presenters.

*I’m kidding, of course. I don’t blow off work. I just said that to be dramatic. I’m very committed. I did buy that bench, though.

1. Garth Jones says:

Tirka, posted a note about a cram session that her team is putting on for 70-620: Windows Vista, Configuring

2. Garth Jones says:

Here is another one that Trika&#39;s team is putting one! Cram for Exam 70-640: Windows Server 2008 Active

3. Garth's Blog says:

4. Garth's Blog says:

5. Garth Jones says:

Here is the last one that will interest some of you! Yes, I know that I am not long a developer any more

6. Hi Trika,

Me and my co-workers are dying to attend next week cram session for 70-536, unfortunately we have a very important deadline that day and the scheduled time for the session is right in the middle of our morning (we live in Colombia GMT -5). Is this cram session going to be available offline later?? And if it is, when would we be able to download it?

7. trikah@microsoft.com says:

Hi, don’t die! Don’t die!

We will record it and I will post the link the day after the session…

8. Aminu_Rufai says:

Hi Trika,

I watched your presentation yesterday and i must say it was very inciteful. I have a few questions though. I am a beginner software trainee in the .NET technology and i have begun self studying for the MCPD exams but now with the introduction of the .NET 3.5 and the changes in the exam structure which doesn’t involve the 70-528 and 70-547, i was wondering if the reading materials would be relevant for .NET 3.5. I have read in several articles that the 70-536 will remain with just a change in name but will 70-528 and 70-547 books be relevant for .NET 3.5? Thank you very much for your anticipated answer and the Cram session.

9. Steve says:

Hi Trikah,

I missed it as well and would be interested in being able to view it offline. Any updates on when this might be available?

Thanks,

Steve

10. trikah@microsoft.com says:

Hi, everybody. We’ve held all three cram sessions and I’ve posted the links. Here’s where you can find them:

Cram for Exam 70-620: http://blogs.msdn.com/trika/archive/2008/05/21/start-studying-for-70-620.aspx

Cram for Exam 70-640: http://blogs.msdn.com/trika/archive/2008/05/23/cram-session-for-70-640.aspx

Cram for Exam 70-536: http://blogs.msdn.com/trika/archive/2008/06/12/70-536-prep-session.aspx

11. trikah@microsoft.com says:

Hullo, Aminu. Here’s the deal. MUCH of that training material WILL apply, but we’ll likely be releasing .NET 3.5 training material to make sure things are up to date. Here is what the product planner told me to tell you. "You can use them to a certain point but I recommend they use MSDN and the Prep Guides to ramp on the new features that will covered in 3.5." Good luck!

12. cayley says:

hi, i would like to say that i have no idea what any of you people are talking about…. and steve… steve cram hes my daddy and i wanted to say he rocks thats the only pearson i know here my name is cayley joanne cram and thats what i have to say  BAM!

13. cayley cram says:

hi im cayley joanne cram just seeing if im related to any of you crams out there

ps. im also robin ramets daughter

p.s.s im 10 yrs old

14. cayley cram says:

ps. im also robin ramets daughter

p.s.s im 10 yrs old

15. cayley cram says:

ps. im also robin ramets daughter

p.s.s im 10 yrs old

16. cayley cram says:

im robin rameys daughter i meant

Skip to main content