Find a classroom course near you

I think this is a very nice new tool we’ve* just launched to help you find instructor-led training at a Microsoft Certified Partner for Learning Solutions (CPLS), our excellent training centers, more easily. This replaces our FInd Training tool of old. I think you’ll like it better. Things that are helpful include:Uetersen

• you can search by topic ("Exchange") or location ("Uetersen, Germany") to find CPLS near you – and you can set your location as default
  • you can sort results by how close they are, by CPLS name, or course number
  • or you can search for a particular CPLS if you’re partial, and not open-minded, and have no sense of adventure, or whatever.
  • in any case the relevant CPLS show up on a little map–it’s very 2008!
  • you can see what other courses any of those CPLS are offering. if there’s nothing in your area, that means your local CPLS hasn’t added their course info to the tool.
  • something else nice is that you can find classes coming up in the next month in case your boss is like, listen punk, you can have training money but only if you spend it in the next 30 days
  • somethign else nice is that you can reliably find classes that accept Software Assurance training vouchers

Even if you’re not planning to take a course any time soon, I recommend the following course of action:

1. Make yourself a Manhattan
  2. Check it out.

*YT had nothing to do with it. Kris and Pablo and some other people did.

1. KC Lin says:

Hmm, in Firefox I can’t type anything into the Search box at all.

2. Peter Read says:

yeah same here (Firefox 2.0.0.14 on linux, x86_64)

Search appears to work, just unable to enter any criteria.

3. Peter Read says:

Can confirm the FF issue (Firefox 2.0.0.14 on linux-2.6.25, x86_64)

Search appears to work, just unable to enter any criteria.

4. Koen Wijnstok says:

hmmz…. I’m getting continuously a 404 error….

seems like someone pulled it back somehow.

5. Robin says:

Doesn’t work on Opera.

But pretty cool… if only Prometric would add one of this so you could locate an exam centre more easily…

6. bwatson says:

I think the free form text seach box is one of my favorite features.

The location box also automatically detects your location based on your Internet Service Provider. The new tool also is much more flexible than the previous one which had limited sort and display functionality.

By default the proximity search is set to a 50 mile radius but you can change that under Preferences.

It’s not perfect but we are getting closer.

Ben Watson, Director

Microsoft Learning

7. Peter Read says:

Hi Ben – "I am also looking into what browsers Class Locator supports as it may be a Firefox or Linux issue."

If it was FireFox misinterpreting a standard could you let us know please?  It appears when the site came back after the 404’s Koen noticed it has now started functioning ok under FF/Linux so I’m guessing someone noticed a bug in the site and fixed it.

Robin – "if only Prometric would add one of this so you could locate an exam centre more easily…"++