I kind of gave partial information about the exam crams and bootcamp we're doing as part of the weekend community events at TechEd. Sorry for not having more details - but the opportunity to do this came up kind of last minute so we are still pulling things together. THanks for your patience and sorry to those of you who are hearing about this too late to attend! I know a little more now. But not everything. Here are some of the things.
- These weekend events are open to anyone, whether or not you are attending TechEd. Check out the full schedule of stuff here. "There will be security in the building so any one participating in ANY event needs to be badged. We will have a registration desk on the 2nd floor of the South Hall."
- Test center is open Saturday and Sunday from noon to 6pm. $50US exams to ANYONE (again, you dont have to be an attendee)
- Developer exam crams for 70-562 and 70-536--good for attendees who missed the crams during the week or people just in town for the weekend
- Exam cram "bootcamp" for Windows Server 2003 MCSA and MCSEs
MINUTES AFTER POSTING THIS - I GOT SOME UPDATES. NEW INFO BELOW
Exam cram sessions for developers on Saturday June 7
On Saturday, June 7, during the Microsoft Community Summit weekend in between the two TechEd 2008 events in Orlando, Florida, we'll be hosting cram sessions to help developers (those attending the event, and those who can get there even if not attending) prepare for 70-536 and 70-562--the combination of which will earn an MCTS certification.
The format will be 1.25 hours of guidance for each exam, led by a premier MCT to review and prep you to pass. These sessions are not intended to be a beginning course on .NET development, but provide a review, tips and tricks for the exams, and face to face help from certified trainers who have taken the exams themselves. Following each Cram 4 Exam, you can go directly to the certification testing center and take your exam while everything is still fresh.
You can come to just part of it. For example, if you already have any of your .NET 2.0 certs you already have 536 covered... so you can just come to do the 562 part. Alternately, if you want to go for one of the other .NET 3.5 MCTS tracks, you can just come to the 536 part (which is the first step to any of the new certs--2.0 or 3.5).
Saturday June 7th. 9:00AM – 10:15AM - 70-562 TS: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5, ASP.NET Application Development. - Gilles Pommier
Attend this Cram 4 Exams session and get trained by a premiere Microsoft Certified Trainer on the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5. This session includes: Exam taking tips, relevant technical information, focused and in-depth review of concepts covered in exam 70-562. (Note: This exam is not yet publicly available and is exclusively only offered at the Microsoft Certification Testing Center at TechEd North America)
Saturday June 7th 1:30PM – 2:45PM - 70-536 TS: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0—Application Development Foundation - Jeffry Belnap
Attend this Cram 4 Exams session and get trained by a premiere Microsoft Certified Trainer on the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0. This session includes: Exam taking tips, relevant technical information, focused and indepth review of concepts covered in exam 70-536. Don’t procrastinate getting certified, let your certifications speak demonstrate your development experience. (Note: Take exam 70-536 at the Microsoft Testing Center, onsite at the Orange County Convention Center.)
Registration info below.
MCSA and MCSE 2003 70-648 and 70-649 bootcamp on Sunday June 8
Sunday, June 8 8:00am – 4:00pm
The format will be a full day of guidance on exams 70-648 and 70-649 to help you earn two or three MCTS on Windows Server 2008 as described here. This session is not intended to be a beginning course on Windows Server 2008, but provide will provide a review, tips and tricks for the exams, and face to face help from certified trainers who have taken the exams themselves. Following the Bootcamp, you can go directly to the certification testing center and take your exam while everything is still fresh.
- Focus: exams 70-648 and 70-649
- Audience: Open to current professionals holding an MCSE or MCSA credential - experience with ASP .NET application development - see prep guides for more information
- Cost: Zero to you (+$50 to take exams at the event)
Please send an email with the following information to: email@example.com with the subject line WEEKEND: DEV or WEEKEND: ITP. Include:
- Email Address:
- MCP # if applicable
- Arrival Date in Orlando:
- Departure Date from Orlando:
- FOR DEVELOPERS: which session (or both) you plan to attend
You will receive a confirmation email within 5 business days.
Trika's note: I'm going to be gone starting tomorrow, FYI.