Cram for your exams with Microsoft Learning (it’s on the house)

We’ll be hosting three Live Meeting ‘cram for your exam’ sessions to help new people get started. We’ve done this at TechEd before, and it seems like it goes really well.

cramsess

WHO SHOULD ATTEND:

These are for people who have some familiarity with the underlying product (Vista, Active Directory, .NET development), not for someone who’s never touched the stuff. A trainer will lead the sessions to help focus your studies for the exam, share tips and tricks, and get you motivated to finish up and take it. Certification veterans and new people are both welcome–but the focus will be for those less experienced in exam taking. What we will NOT be doing: reviewing actual questions, doing technology training, or providing any information that is non-disclosure-bound.

Of course.

SPECIFICS AND REGISTRATION INFORMATION

Exam and prep guide Exam 70-620: Windows Vista, Configuring Exam 70-640: Windows Server 2008 Active Directory, Configuring Exam 70-536: TS: Microsoft .NET Framework—Application Development Foundation
Why take this exam? Earn MCTS: Vista, a stand-alone cert or stepping stone to client and server MCITP certifications Earn MCTS: Active Directory, a stand-alone cert and building block to WS2008 MCITP First stop for all MCTS certifications on .NET Framework 2.0 or 3.5–backbone of developer certifications
Date (one session only) May 20, 7:30 A.M. Pacific Time (What time is this in my region?) May 21, 7:30 A.M. Pacific Time (What time is this in my region?) June 11, 7:30 AM Pacific Time
Cram Session Registration

Anything else you need to know? I feel like I’m forgetting to tell you something about this. While I try to remember, I will tell you that I’m working from a coffee shop in my neighborhood today. It is very pleasant. I’ve invested in a croissant and a cup of coffee. Maybe I’ll have a cookie in a bit, since this might be my last chance.* Bittersweet!

<update April 10>Here is what I forgot to mention the first time – these sessions are hosted via Live Meeting so you can attend from wherever you are! I updated the top of the post, too.

<update APril 14 – added reg info for 536 cram session>

*See earlier post on dangers of blogging

1. Andy says:

We started these 10 years ago over at Michael’s web site but the interest level slowly faded over time.

Good luck!

2. Andrew Hill says:

Will these sessions be available offline if we are unable to attended live?

3. This is a great idea!  Thank you for organizing this event.  As an MCT I’m always looking for events that my students/peers can use to increase knowledge and become more prepared to prove that knowledge via certs.  This promises to be one of those events!

Thanks again.

4. Jeremiah Jordan Isaacson says:

I enjoyed your Webcast this morning on MCT/MCP Certification. Your blog is very interesting!

Have a great day!

5. Sunitha Jones says:

Hi , I have recently moved to Australia from Nz.  I have completed my Microsoft security , and Installing XP only.  would like to pick up from there and finish MCSE please.  I am  not sure how and where the papers are available in Sydney Australia (central or West sydney).

Please help.

My email address : sunita_jones11@syd.com.au

I am currently employed as a 2nd level + field support technical role for Sydney Airport Coorporation Ltd.  We are only 4 of us supporting some 4000 users based at coorporate builiding – 4 levels , International Airport and Domestic Airport.  I need to learn as much as possible please.

Kind regards

Sunitha

6. ewitkows says:

Is this an in-person session only, or will this be a webcast? (Please please please say webcast!)

7. Robbie says:

links don’t work, it errors when i try and register

8. trikah@microsoft.com says:

Hey, Robbie. It is working for me, i just tested all of them. Send me an e-mail maybe we can get it sorted.

9. (issu du site MCP) Si vous planifiez de passer un de ces trois examens, alors cette offre est pour vous (oui, je sais c’ est en anglais, mais bon, la majeure partie du personnel IT Certifié, doit par …

10. You can download EVENT RECORDING from here All of the exams associated with Microsoft Certification start

11. nick says:

i get and connection error when i try and register any ideas?

12. Orest says:

I attended a portion of yesterday’s live webcast of the 70-536 cram session and liked what i heard. Question: Will the webcast be available for on-demand viewing any time soon?

13. Harry says:

Good Stuff, took 620 Friday and passed with an 884, very good study material! Keep rockin’!

and thank you

14. daveblack says:

I attended the 70-536 Exam Cram session on 6/11 and was looking for the on-demand webcast or power-point used.  Any info is appreciated : )

Thanks!

15. trikah@microsoft.com says:

Dave posted here:http://blogs.msdn.com/trika/archive/2008/06/12/70-536-prep-session.aspx

Anyone looking for the recordings of any of these check it here: