You might not care, but:

As follow up to my fascinating poast about TechReady, our technical training event in Seattle for worldwide Microsoft field employees, here is a fascinating mini-post-show report.

TechReady Mini-Report

MSFT employees took 1,538 exams at the certification center run, in excellent fashion, by the Prometric team. Top five most popular were:

1. 70-620: TS: Configuring Windows Vista Client
  2. 70-649: TS:Upgrading MCSE on Wndws Serv 2003 to Wndws Serv 2008
  3. 70-631: TS: Configuring Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
  4. 70-630: TS: Configuring Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007
  5. 70-236: TS: Configuring Exchange Server 2007

Also high on the list: developer Sharepoint exams (541 and 542), the Windows Server 2000 to 2003 upgrades (292 and 296, which are retiring this month) and Windows Server 2003 exams (like 290, 291). Fascinating!

Now to what I know you do care about: I enjoyed the brownie.

1. bryant says:

So what were the pass rate for MS employees?

2. Brian says:

So which exams did you take?

3. hartplaza says:

I little surprised to read that the upgrade exams 292 and 296 are still popular among the MS field employees. I would think that MS field employees would be one of the first to adopt new certificates.

anyway, maybe MS will think about NOT retiring the upgrade exams, since there are a lot of MCSA/MCSE 2000 who didn’t do an upgrade yet. And since there is no upgrade exam from MCSE 2000 to the new Server 2008 certification. Maybe something to think about ?

4. Any reason why you spell post, poast?  I figure I’m being left out of the new trendy way to spell.  I still think phat isn’t a <real> word.

5. Daniel says:

you must be new here 😉

6. trikah@microsoft.com says:

Dear bryant,

No soup for you! I don’t think I can tell you the pass rates.

Nothing too different from average pass rates anyway–some people passed and some people failed. One guy finished 292 really fast and aced it because he is a Server expert, some other guy failed 236 because Exchange isn’t his area of focus…

Your friend,

Trika

———————

Dear R,

The retirements are happening… I’ll post something about that separately because other people have asked about it, too.

Your friend,

Trika

————————-

Dear Michael,

I’m sure you are a nice person, but clearly you are a little nutso to doubt the legitness of ‘phat.’

Regarding the dumbness of my spelling of post. Sometimes I spell it poast, because it rhymes with toast, and I’m in a little rut. A phat little rut of spelling poast like toast.

Despite our differences, I like you.

Your friend,

Trika

7. Pete says:

Please delay the retiring of 70-292 and 70-296 Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please.

BTW I didn’t copy & paste Please there 😉

8. trikah@microsoft.com says:

Pete, no cut/paste? Damn, you REALLY mean it!!