CANCELLED

It is 7:42 AM on Monday in Redmond, and I am sitting in conference room 18/3002 by myself, wondering why everyone else is 12 minutes late for this meeting.

UPDATE: I just checked my inbox to find a CANCELLED notification, sent on Saturday night at 9:00 PM. Unfortunately, I was not checking my e-mail between Saturday at 9pm and Monday at 7:30 am so here I sit, listening to our conference call hold music, and remembering, with some rancor, when I called in for this same meeting last week, but they were talking their heads off and didn’t notice when I joined the call, and abruptly hung up on me.

What would an Expert Cougar do, I ask myself.

1. Heh, expert cougar. :) While you may not have checked your email oever the weekend, you are on top of it now. 😉

2. trikah@microsoft.com says:

I respond really quickly to e-mail when all I have to do is forward to someone else :-)

THose are my favorite e-mails.

3. Joe Smith says:

If there was not an URGENT event that caused the meeting to be Cancelled; this is just plain rude behavior on meeting organizers part.  Not only has the meeting organizer omitted their responsiblities for proper meeting prep. and notification; they have set a bad example of communication within the team.

The question to ask is "What changed between 5pm Friday and 9 pm Saturday that required the meeting be be canceled?"

4. Pierre says:

just to chill up: listen to this :

it’ll ease thing up..and is always a better option than conference hold music, even if the video is well..not so funny i have to say :)

best regards and… worst ones to stand-up’ers!

5. You’ve always been quick with my emails, even if you can’t find my contact info half the time. 😉

6. Joe says:

haha!  while I’m sure that waiting on the non-existant meeting was not at all amusing, the video was…  reminded me of when I was working in retail management and the weekly conference calls we had to check-in with…  can’t say I ever noticed anybody get up and groove with the hold music though (at least in our store)

7. Larry says:

Try to endure these kinds of miscommunications until the cerebral implants arrive.

8. trikah@microsoft.com says: