Update on Server 2008 exam dates

Windows Server 2008 MCTS exam release date is getting closer; we’re looking at somewhere around March 10. As I said earlier, you can sign up to get an "exam live" notice from us when 70-640, 60-642, and 70-643 are available at Prometric. This might be more efficient than poking about wildly, wondering if you’ve missed it.

Certify_First_120x90

Register to be the first to know and save 40%.

If you prefer, you may continue to poke about.

The MCITP exams (70-646 and 70-647) are looking like first week of April.

About your beta results… I do not have any insider information for you. But, as you know, we hope to get you your results before the live date. So if you took an MCTS exam, you’ve got a few weeks to relax before beginning you exam-results anticipatory-freak-out. If you took an MCITP exam, please be patient as your results will likely be a while.

At the study hall here at TechReady, lots of questions on the upgrade path from 2003 to 2008. Did you see that you can download a flyer (from the upgrade page) that has it all spelled out?

Curriculum Roadmap

Download XPS file (2082 KB)
Download PDF file (517 KB)

See you,
Trika

1. R says:

I bet both 70-648 and 70-649 are super difficult…

2. Jeff Guillet says:

I’m anxiously awaiting my 70-647 exam result. Do you know how we will be notified? Who do I have to bribe to find out sooner?

3. Fried Chicken says:

[Insert image of chicken running about with head cut off.]

4. Lukas Beeler says:

Jeff,

I know that I will be in Redmond from 27th to 29th as an SME, so you won’t get your results this month 😉

5. Jeff Guillet says:

Very cool, Lukas!  Congrats on scoring this trip to Redmond and participating in the focus group.

FYI – I ran out of time on the comment period taking 70-647, but most of my comments had to do with vague or confusing wording in the questions.  My request is to make the questions (and answers) as clear as possible.

Thanks!

6. Pierre says:

Hi again, cool info, i just allowed myself to translate/shorten/link this post on my blog… I hope I can do that, ’cause I already did, lol… so my french-only-speaking fellows can plan their future :)

Best regards

Pierre.

7. S.Y. Paul Lai says:

I was invited to join the focus meeting, too.  The invitation letter said I perform well in the betas.  This made me worried!!!

One year ago, I received similar invitation letter to join the focus meeting of 071-238.  I have no time and money to travel to US.  I told some protential employers that I expected I would be one of the first MCITP in Enterprise Messaging in the world.  Strange thing happened, Prometric/Microsoft lost my beta exam record after they invite me to join the focus meeting.  Although they found the cause of the problem and Prometic listed the exams as a PASS, the credential is still missing form my transcript.

This time for Windows Servers 2008, I received the invitation again.  I told others I would be one of the first MCITP in Windows Servers 2008 again.  My exam records may be once again be stolen from someone in Microsoft…  I think some people in Microsoft just hate me…

8. trikah@microsoft.com says:

Hi, Pierre. You are the best!

Hi, SY. I don’t hate you.

9. Kent says:

Boy, I am beginning to realize how much I hate waiting.  This is pushing the 6-8 week barrier for 71-643, but I keep telling myself good things come to those who wait.

10. Andy says:

The results of exams 640, 642, and 643 have been posted to Prometric.com.

11. Chris says:

Any idea why one of them (640) would still say tested?  The other two show as passed.

12. Andy says:

Mine all show passed except for 646 and 647 which show tested.

13. Chris says:

For some reason, 642 and 643 show as Passed but 640 (which I took first) still shows Tested.  I wonder when I should really start worrying.

14. Ray Frangie says:

I’m with Andy, it’s only my 646 and 647 that are still showing as Tested… I wonder how I went…

15. Les says:

Trika, any update on 70-646 amd 70-647? I took the betas on 1/26 and 1/27. I’m just getting anxious. I know the live date is the beginning of April.