MCITP beta exams (or, Happy Birthday Tyler)

I have been told that the registration problem for 71-646 and 71-647 has been resolved (we heard you were getting a “this exam has reached its cap” type message, which was lies!). You can find the info on those betas, plus registration codes, here.

I thought I already poasted the info above but don’t see it anywhere; if you get this twice I’m sorry. I’m on this loaner laptop; it keeps scrolling around at no provocation and is apparently choosing which of my posts it wants to publish, which is cheeky and annoying. In happier news, I’m eating a Friday afternoon Almond Joy, left by some building 18 benefactor and “made with chocolate * coconut * almonds;” a taste, if you will, of brighter times to come.

Parting Shot(s):

• I’m leaving to catch the Tick, the Northwest’s Premier Vanpool, in six minutes!

Your Number One Fan,

1. Erik says:

Thanks Trika, planned both exams in the Netherlands on the 23th of january.

2. Rich says:

Thanks 🙂

I’ll get the exams on the 26th 😉

3. Ben says:

Thank you Trika, much appreciated 🙂 I spent all of Christmas revising for these & then couldn’t book them I was gutted… All now booked up for January 28th.

(looks like you can book anytime in January now)

4. I took them yesterday.  Exhausting experience with 68 and 71 questions, respectively — took me 4 hours.

Interestingly, other than a single typo, they didn’t strike me as beta-ish.  Good quality throughout — for the most part, they were meaningful questions that you might very well have to be able to answer in the real world.

I was surprised though that there were only a single or maybe two questions where you had to select more than one answer.  Also, no sims??!! What happened to the previously stated goal of having *more* sims to make the exams test more real-world skills?

5. Peter Read says:

I was actually particularly impressed with how differentiated 646 and 647 are – 646 particularly seems very well aimed at a fairly well rounded 3rd line support type.

6. Ruben Koene says:

I’d like to do this Beta exam, but how can I participate?

7. Mohamud says:

When will the results come out for the beta exams (646 and 647)?  I am assuming that you don’t have to wait 8weeks if you write the exams at the end of January.  I have written both today and it was quite time consuming.  Thanks to Microsoft Learning for the free exam oppurtunity.

8. Alice says:

Mohamud – As of the last I saw, 646 and 647 are planned to be released on March 20, 2008. So if things go according to plan, I think you should be getting results on or before that date.

9. Mohamud says:

Thanks Alice.  I am counting the days!

10. says:

Ruben, these betas have finished. Sorry!